southern Utah crowding?

swbuckmaster

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-09 AT 08:26AM (MST)[p] STATEWIDE DEER ARCHERY HUNTING COULD HAPPEN AGAIN IN 2010

The facts are in, and the findings are clear based on the acres of public land that have deer habitat, the Southern Region doesn't have any more archery hunters in it than any other region in the state.
Starting in 2010, archery deer hunters might be able to hunt across Utah during the entire general season.
Photo by Bill Bates

In fact, based on the number of acres per archery hunter, the Southern Region is actually the least crowded region in Utah.

For that reason, the Division of Wildlife Resources is proposing that general archery deer hunters be allowed to hunt anywhere in Utah that's open to general-season hunting.

(In 2009, archery hunters had to choose one region to hunt in during the first two weeks of the hunt. After the first two weeks, they could hunt anywhere in Utah that was open to general-season hunting.)

Hopefully it turns out. Statewide archery was a blast! Never killed anything out of my unit but its fun to go explore some new country with bow in hand.

Amen! Not a shocker AT ALL! Good news because the archery hunt is only 10+ months away! :)

Go figure. I do believe that is what the majority of the public was telling them but they did not listen to but just a few.

Hope if does go back to the statewide for the entire archery season.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

I dont know why it would matter Scott. There are no big bucks in Utah anyway......

Hope they put it back how it was

I don't want to hear chit about crowding in the So region.

try the central unit with half it closed!
talk about crowing.

the rifle hunt looked like a brittish battle reinactment.
red (orange) coats shoulder to shoulder
shooting volleys of lead into the hills!.

ya
the souther unit has it bad!
boooo hoo

live life one mule deer at a time.

Freaking Awesome! Thats alot of the reason I took up archery, glad to see its coming back!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom