southern region turkeys

theox

Very Active Member
so i normally see more turkeys than i care to aroound this time every year, this year is different ive seen 3 jakes and 5 hens total.very little sign... i ve covered about id say 80 percent of the hot turkey areas i know. im running out of options. anyway not trying to get anyones areas more just wondering if anyone has been seeing any around the cedar city area.new harm,pinto etc... im starting to think there has been big time winter kill on the southern birds. anyone else having this problem? might have to let an arrow fly on a jake soon. anyway if any one has been seeing much and doesnt mind sharing where, thats great too.

I didn't have the same problem. Most of my friends have tagged out as well. The problem that I see is all the areas that you mentioned are high traffic turkey areas that get POUNDED! The birds are call shy and skittish. Try to find an area away from the road and the traffic and I think you will have success. I sent another guy to a good spot, I'll see if he's done with it or if he's even going to go there. If he's not I'll pass the spot on 2 you.

thanks. i was having probs finding them even before the hunt. guess im a tard lol. last year i got on a bunch of turkeys on the general hunt. figured id be better off on this hunt. but idk. anyway thanks again guess ill hunt it a little harder

I am also having a hard time finding turkeys tons of people and my usual spots are not holding much. We are headed down one last weekend to try and get a couple first timers there birds and any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom