South slope diamond mountain?

C

Coffinmaker

Just wondering if any had good success on this one for elk? A friend of mine is trying to draw and would love to see some pictures, Thanks

Hard hunt, alot of private. My dad got a 300 bull 2 years ago. There are a few 330+ but they are hard to find and kill.

+1 to the other posters.
We have a little private place up there and when my daugher finally drew. a few years ago, she shot a 320 bull.
A friend of mine said there's enough public land to have a great hunt and he's done really well but I done know anything about it.
Unless your buddy knows the area or has written permission on a large private place it might be quite tough.
Just my 2 cents,
Zeke

it can be done, if you put enough time scouting and learning the country. if you are planning on just showing up, pitching the tent and wacking a 330 bull you will be disapointed .....

Ya treedagain,

You're the friend I was referring to but I didn't want to throw your name out there since you told me some stuff in confidence.

Zeke

Very tuff hunt. I have a buddy who hunted it last year for archery. Saw a few elk, NOTHING big. Biggest was low 300's maybe 315 he said. Dont waste your time in my opinion.

If you know what you are doing it can be a very fun hunt. I like the archery hunt out there the best. I took a 320 plus bull out there this last year. I screwed up on a 350 plus bull. My family and friends have had about 13 tags out there since 98 so we know the unit well. If you are looking for something in the 330-360 range it is very possible. Don't let all the private land scare you away. Ive never had a problem with it.

9989photo1.jpg

7488photo.jpg

2974mount_4.jpg

Here's some pictures.

This can be very tough hunt unless you have access to private property. I would be careful burning my points on this unit.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

This can be very tough hunt unless you have access to private property. I would be careful burning my points on this unit.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

A couple of years ago I was camping in UT and hunting unit 1 in CO. Had to walk in everyday because unit 1 is mostly wilderness study area in the middle and north end. Saw a couple of good bulls on the UT side. Best one maybe 340. This was muzzy season in CO. I'm sure Diamond Mtn. gets pounded during rifle season.

Very nice bull Tag n Bag!
You should be proud of that Diamond Mtn bull.

Zeke

Treedagain, Nobody has held it against me yet. LOL

As everyone has saidit can be a tough unit. Lots of private ground to get thorugh so you need to have a relationship to access the public gorund on top. Or be willing to hike your butt off.

I got a 300 bull 6 years ago. And my brother ended up settling on an ok 5 point about 3 years ago. Both rifle hunts.

I will be putting in for the archery hunt this year. It is not a unit I would burn points on, but if you want to hunt elk, it is better then any public general unit.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom