South Dakota Pheasant season

Gator

Long Time Member
Any one up for a shoot out. Any of you no tag filling big game hunters up for it. LOL
Nov 10th-14th will back there killing ditch parrots.
The cornsfields and rowcrops are being combine as we speak.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

"Ditch parrots"-that is classic! Have fun gator & take lots of pics.

"...I got a shotgun, rifle, and a 4 wheel
drive, and a country boy can survive..."

Hank Williams Jr.

You still planning on mrs. Bltso and I for next year?

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Gator,

I sure would if I could. Hunting pheasant in South Dakota is a blast if you enjoy bird hunting. We hunted muleys there in '08 and we all tagged out by the 2nd day and spent the rest of the time pheasant hunting and eradicating prairie dogs.

South Dakota is my favorite out of state trip, outstanding hunting for whitetail, mule deer, and pheasant and some of the nicest people I have ever met.

Hope you have a great hunt Gator and take lots of photos.

>Don't count on shummy showing up.....
>
>
>Lol
>
>
>
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Come on now, I always show up for work or hunting!

Sorry about not getting on here soon.
I was in SE Utah for the last week helping my friends and son put up fences around there houses.
Everyone who wants to come and have some fun you're welcome to show up and go hunting. Send me a PM and I will send you my number. They are picking the corn and are starting to see alot of birds. Justr-86 I got spot reserved just for you and the wife.

We will be there on the Afternoon of the 10th, We have trailer hookups and a place to to stay with a place to keep the dogs at night.
See ya up there. Anyone who didn't get directions. I will get them for ya before then just shoot me a E-mail or PM

Justr-86
Shummy is in. Where are you. LOL
Rick I will call ya today.

Hopefully. I heard today that we might have to go to Mississippi for a couple of weeks. They were supposed to shut down for the season allowing me a month to hunt my way back to Montana. It might just be a rumor and with all the rain we are getting they might just call it for the year anyway. If I get screwed out of my hunting I'm totally blaming Justr-86.

you got room for a hitchhiker i have never been to good with directions j/k. Hope you kill a bunch post up pics of your hunt.

Don't blame me shummy! I was just warning Gator you won't show, so he didn't leave his dogs home and plan on yours!

I WILL be there next year! I'm out of vacation time this year.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

WOW
Great time in SD for us again this year had a ton of fun and alot of birds. Sent Kenny some pictures, Limit everyday for everyone, We had a buddy's 8 mo old english pointer she was off the hook on those birds can't say enough good things about the stuff she did she charged into a slough after a bird she comes out on the other side(100yds away) carrying it then back into the water to bring it back to us. We saw some monster WT bucks the rut was in full swing. Saw lots of ducks and geese too wish we had put in for the waterfowl draw maybe next year we will.
Hoep some of you can make it next year, it was great hunt with great weather the weather split down the middle they got snow and cold (Western SD 4' of snow) west of us and east of us (St Paul Minn 11" of snow) we got a small snow furries and that was it.

I sent pictures but????????????????

I took the picture of the Doe and right after I put the camera away A nice 5x5 Wt Buck stood up in the Grass and took off after the doe, Never got a picture of him. But my nephew oldest son got him 1/2 mile from where we saw him so now, I have a picture of him in the back of the pickup.

The Pheasants hunting was great we saw tons of birds everyday,I Had a ton of fun with family and friends, Can't wait to do it again next year. Saw lots of ducks and geese too, should did the waterfowl draw maybe next year we will. The rut was on so we saw a lot of bucks running does.

One of these days Gator I will get up in that area and get some of those Ditch Parrots. Looks like a great hunt. Also here is that 5pt buck he was talking about. Hope you don't mind me posting it for you you sent me an email of it, Gator, Later Kurt.

1731gators_nephew.jpg

Kurt-www.shootitimages.com

Thanks Kurt
The hunting was outstanding, the amount of bucks we saw was great this buck was about #4 is size we seen 3 that was bigger then this one and 4 or 5 about this same size,the one that was a monster 6x5 with about a 21-22" spread with long tines hope they get him so I can post up a picture..

Shummy you are still welcome to come up, I know Justr is coming with his wife and kids so it should be a blast.

Man, I need to take my setters and hit south dakota. Are you guys hunting private ranches or the open public areas?

I been trying to talk him into riding up with us.

The kids will be staying with my mom, they are both still too small to go walk all day.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

We hunt must private land but do some public stuff too. Hook him up and make him come with you, he welcome to come too.

If I'm still around, I plan on coming. My life is a bit up in the air at the moment, I really have no idea where I will be next pheasant season. I do appreciate the invite.

Sounds like a fun time and you guys know what you are doing. So far, I only made it out a couple of times chasing birds this year. Was able to take one ring neck home and the dogs were able to point about a dozen hens one afternoon.

Nothing like SD, but not bad for Utah...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom