somthing missing

swbuckmaster

Long Time Member
in these photos from a so called only bowhunter guy? I cant quite put my finger on it but Im sure some of you guys will see it right off the bat.
14942010-12-19_11.08.39.jpg

6447cow2.jpg

1752010-12-19_16.04.40.jpg

9159misc_hunts_2010_022.jpg

5573misc_hunts_2010_048.jpg

and for the ones that dont get it here is the answer
"Where is the bow?" and "it looks like he doesn't actually hate the rifle!"

The elk was off the Anthro unit. It was also the last day of the season on this unit. So if it was going to happen it had to be on this day.

My hunting day was cut even shorter when the big dodge couldn't go any more for fear of going off the side of a steep hill. A few phone calls and Bert Bird was on the way with a set of chains. After we chained up the big dodge it was back to hunting. With only 1 hour left I sealed the deal with one shot to the heart at an estimated distance of 850 yards with the 300 mag. Baooooom!

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

The harder you work the luckier you get!!

Come on Scott it was 1050 if it was a yard!!! That hunt will definately be one for the books.

respect my authorita

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-10 AT 05:41PM (MST)[p]Let's See?

Dodge!(Nice!)

YAMAHAMMER Wheeler!(Nice Breed a Wheeler but I'm about to Puke!)

Rifle! (Well I'll be Damned!)

Had to call Burt Huh? (Nice Choice there!)

Oh now I see it!(That Elk is Bald on Top!)

850 just for a Cow huh?

That's gettin desperate!:D

EDIT:I forgot the Pumpkin Suit!}>}>}>}>}>!!!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!
And a good BBQ!
I am Medicine And I am Poison!

He knows him through Andy!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
And a good BBQ!

For bein a diehard bowhunter you'd think you could get a little closer! Just kidding man, nice shooting! Thanks for sharing.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

" Will you please pass the antelope Nuggets, SWCOWMASTER!"

I thought I screened my hunting partners... guess I misjudged you there, "850-yard-Lawn-Darter!"

You suck x-bowmaster....

1165teeny-tiny-deer-1.jpg

Uh, Scott, can I borrow you gun next year? I want some meat, I mean nuggets, too. LOL

Midnight

I got...I got it...the fletchless fiberglass arrows they stuff down them rifle barrels for that type of shooting??? LOOKS LIKE THEY WORK!!

mignight
I got you some baby cow nuggets about the size of the deer you got in your hand if you want. For me that is the only thing I dont like about the late cow hunts. You sometimes get a 2 for one. I never even thought about it until Andy told me. So being me I had to investigate.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

there is something missing there. none of those animals have nuts. (marbles balls testes gonads etc.)

One more thing missing!

It's there you just can't see it!

That Calf that's 3 months along in that Cows Gut doesn't impress me much!

Just what that Unit needs is some more Cows killed!

Sorry sw,That just ain't my Cup of Tea!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
And a good BBQ!

B bop I totally understand about the fetus part.

I also tell ya that anyone that says they want to hunt because of the cheap meat is up in the night. This cow cost about 150 in fuel, 200 in processing, 5 bucks for a bullet, almost 50 grand for a truck that almost slid off the side of the road. All this and it still doesn't count the cost of the rife, packs, and various other needs a good hunter needs to get the job done.

I have no idea what it comes down to in price per lb but it It all adds up to expensive meat imho.

people hunt because they enjoy it.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

I hear that one!

I don't see any pinstripes on that Dodge?

Andy ever show you some of the footage of Burt eatin some Vitals?

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
And a good BBQ!

no stripes on the dodge it is mostly a pavement pounder. it sucks at digging, too heavy, too wide, too long, tooooo expensive.

ya ive seen the footage. lol classic

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-10 AT 07:50PM (MST)[p]Man I am sure glad I do all of my processing my self. I would have been about $1,500 plus for the last 2 years just in getting the things cut up. And as far as the truck SW why didn't you just take the old toyota up :)

Congrats on the freezer fillers. I think you need to try less to kill something with bone on its head. I spend no time on the hill compared to you.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

Is there any New Footage of Burt at the Kill Site?:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
And a good BBQ!

Orange Hat on the elk hunt?

Looks like you had some great fun this season!

Step 1 is always the hardest!

B-bop no burt went one way and we went the other after he got us unstuck. we didnt have to much time left in the hunt and we thought it would be better if we split up and cell phoned each other if we saw something.

alpine
the yoda sucks at almost everything. it gets the same gas milage as that dodge. It also wont pull a wheeler. its a pos! I could go on and on.

I have to hunt the big antlers or Muley73 wont think im his hero anymore.

Muley
thanks for the card you and Lumpy sent me. It went to my old house so I didn't get it until last night.

thhttp://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-10 AT 04:18PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-10 AT 04:15?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-10 AT 01:18?PM (MST)

SW,
We are all heros and villans to someone! Like I stated earlier this year. An antlerless tag with my 12 yr old was the highlight of my year! Hunting is hunting and I will always enjoy it regarless of the size or species I hunt. Big antlers are great, but not the only thing that is important to me. Great times with the family are hard to beat, I know we both agree on that. I hope you enjoy the holidays.

PM SENT

Step 1 is always the hardest!

Something missing? Let's see.

Utahan with a 4-wheeler. Check
Utahan with a monster truck. Check
Utahan hunting not far from monster truck. Check

I don't see anything missing. J/K. Nice pics, looks like a good time.

Well, Swgoatmaster It's sad to see how you have fallen so far in such a short amount of time. Wheeler instead of your goats, 850 yard poke instead of your usual great stalking skills, pumpkin suit instead of camo. Whats next buying a tag at auction, getting your wife a boob job, claiming that us archers wound 3.5 elk for every one we take. It's great that you are getting the kids involved. Keep that bow in your daughters hands though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom