Sometimes, suicide is a good thing...

Roy

1911 - I just hope you and your fellow officers and the friends and family members of Officer Francom can find a little comfort in knowing that this scumbag is off the earth and that justice will ultimately be done perfectly for him.

http://fox13now.com/2013/05/24/accused-cop-killer-dies-in-jail-cell/

The family of this POS (whose name isn't worthy to mention) can talk about injustice and a corrupt legal system all they want but it doesn't change the fact that he made a series of bad choices that culminated in something very evil. Did they honestly expect that he would ever be free again in his life? Blows my mind.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

The attitude and statements by the killer's parents somewhat tells you why their son ended up being a P.O.S. criminal.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Jun-06-13 AT 10:31AM (MST)[p]Supposedly the kid was suffering from PTSD. I feel bad for the family becuase they have deluded themselves into thinking that that is an excuse for making bad decisions. First bad decision was thinking that marijuana is OK and that you can have an extensive grow operation in your own house. Marijuana is just a poor life choice - PERIOD.

Then, he waited in ambush in a back bedroom shot two officers after they had clearly identified themselves and killed Officer Francom after that, then shot another officer in full uniform who went in to rescue the other officers.

Then, he expected to be able to get off lightly and not face the consequences of his bad decisions because he believed they weren't bad decisions in the first place.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

I am glad he did himself. He was a chit biscuit in the first place.

That said, I doubt his time in jail has been all that pleasant a "social experience".. ....filled with jovial repartee' and passing the time, "sitting on the group W bench, discussing various crimes with other inmates and jail staff"...

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

Bad deal, i'd be nervous beatn down a door in the dark. People defending his actions are nuts.

PTSD? From being a life long dumbass? Don't believe he was ever in country. I don't believe kicking down doors in the middle of the night for growing weed is in order, but this guy was proven unstable the second he opened fired. Get warrant for search, wait for bad actor to leave, collect evidence, arrest subject. So simple, it's stupid! I believe the cops were trying to use this as a training exercise. Very stupid!

All else aside, should are government be making these decisions to pound down doors in the middle of the night? The law enforcement officers did their job and died doing it and I hope that there families can feel some justice. Conducting this raid was not their decision. I hope that those in the decision tree can take a step back and reconsider their tactics in risking the lives of officers in order to protect us from some pot.

I just hope that my door is never mistakenly kicked down in the middle of the night. I don't think I'd just lay down my arms and convince myself that a bunch of guys with weapons kicking in my front door have my families well-being in mind.

?After the illegal assault on his home by a gang of thugs and his inhumane treatment at the Weber County Correctional Institute,along with the recent loss of an unfair and unjust ruling by the court, Matthew gave up hope of his ever getting justice in his case,? the family said in the posting
Now if the family members that made the statement would just follow suit, like the scumbag #1 do something right for a change. We would have a lot of a$$ holes "hangin around" . But the would would be a better place ;-)

"Then, he expected to be able to get off lightly and not face the consequences of his bad decisions because he believed they weren't bad decisions in the first place."

Funny, there is a guy on this very forum who feels that way about his red light camera ticket.:)

J/K Roy!

Eel

richardjb;

Your idea of how to handle the situation has serious holes in it. You advise to wait until he leaves to make the arrest. If the officers are close enough to watch and catch him in his front yard or driveway, they are close enough for him to discover they are watching the place.

If they wait until he gets in a vehicle, then they may have a high speed pursuit that could end up killing an inocent family in a crash. Then what would you say? That it was training for high speed pursuits!

RELH

>All else aside, should are government
>be making these decisions to
>pound down doors in the
>middle of the night?
>The law enforcement officers did
>their job and died doing
>it and I hope that
>there families can feel some
>justice. Conducting this raid
>was not their decision.
>I hope that those in
>the decision tree can take
>a step back and reconsider
>their tactics in risking the
>lives of officers in order
>to protect us from some
>pot.
>
>I just hope that my door
>is never mistakenly kicked down
>in the middle of the
>night. I don't think
>I'd just lay down my
>arms and convince myself that
>a bunch of guys with
>weapons kicking in my front
>door have my families well-being
>in mind.

From some pot huh. In utah pot is still illegal and growing pot is illegal. He wasn't growing pot for for his own habit but for distribution.

I'm curious where your door being knocked down on accident has anything to do with this tragedy. They had the correct door and a search warrant all though it turns out the threat assement was lacking.

Good point Eel! I can see my own hypocrisy! Ha ha! But my situation is quite a bit different! I am just arguing that it was a judgement call and that given the circumstances, my judgement was sound, and there is no sound judgement being used if you are using, growing, or advocating for marijuana! And, at least I have the guts to fight this battle through proper channels and due process instead of hiding in ambush.

HOOK 'EM!

RELH, So you believe a doper is smarter than the cops. Interesting. I believe this idiot was already aware the cops were watching him and he still continued his grow. So instead of a high speed chase, which could be avoided, you prefer cops to be ambushed? Poor choices are being made. My point is that our LEO's need to learn from them. Have a good day. I'm headed to Minnesota to do a little fishing. Enjoy!

>RELH, So you believe a doper
>is smarter than the cops.
>Interesting. I believe this idiot
>was already aware the cops
>were watching him and he
>still continued his grow. So
>instead of a high speed
>chase, which could be avoided,
>you prefer cops to be
>ambushed? Poor choices are being
>made. My point is that
>our LEO's need to learn
>from them. Have a good
>day. I'm headed to Minnesota
>to do a little fishing.
>Enjoy!

Thank you Mr. Armchair quarterback. Sounds like you got it all figured out and could really be a big help in solving all the law enforcement tactical operation issues based on your earlier comments of how they should do their operations.

While we are blaming people lets bring some heat down on the judges for not authorizing a no knock warrant but making them do a knock and announce.

Lessons have been learned from this incident as well as similar situations nationwide and bottom line there are going to be turds that no matter what are going to make stupid decisions that will end up hurting LEO's. All I can say is thank god there are still men and women who make a choice to try and make society a better place.

"All I can say is thank god there are still men and women who make a choice to try and make society a better place."

Amen..... Terry

>"All I can say is thank
>god there are still men
>and women who make a
>choice to try and make
>society a better place."
>
>Amen..... Terry

Amen.....I am very good friends with the wife of the slain officer, and she has been amazing through this whole she raises the 2 small girls alone. I'm glad the douche / coward is gone.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-13 AT 11:18AM (MST)[p]>>"All I can say is thank
>>god there are still men
>>and women who make a
>>choice to try and make
>>society a better place."
>>
>>Amen..... Terry
>
>
>
>
>Amen.....I am very good friends with
>the wife of the slain
>officer, and she has been
>amazing through this whole she
>raises the 2 small girls
>alone. I'm glad the douche
>/ coward is gone.

Agreed! And I wish your friend the best and all LEO's the a same.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom