some

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-11 AT 00:19AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-11 AT 00:18?AM (MST)

Some days are tough. 260 layed off at work today. Im safe but have lost many good friends. My oldest daughter weighs 89 lbs due to pain pill abuse. Cant get the energy to go scouting due to the stress. Sorry for venting.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-11 AT 07:19AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-11 AT 06:25?AM (MST)

Maybe I'm not understanding this last comment about needing to go to facebook. Friends are for leaning on and holding you up when you need it. I don't care where you are or what's going on. If one of our MM members is feeling down and out for any reason, it helps to know someone really gives a damn. Glad you still have a job, but seeing people getting picked off around you can be pretty unsettling. Concerning you daughter, that's a tough one. No matter how much we love our kids, they are determined to make their own mistakes. Just keep loving her and encouraging her to get help and fight this thing. I hope grandkids are not a part of this picture. Good luck and God bless in fighting a tough battle. And if you get the chance, go scouting anyway. Once you're out there, something magical seems to happen that makes what is bothering us, go away for a little while.

DM - don't pay any attention to never_catch - doesn't his username alone tell you enough about him to ignore him? Obviously he suffers from his own brand of frustrations. To add to it, he is a Lakers fan and probably will only be able to see his beloved Black Mamba Kobebaby play on YOUTUBE this year. So, just consider the source.

Go ahead and vent all you want brother - that's what campfires are for. MM has been some of the very best therapy for me and has got me through some rough times. To me it is like Cheers - a place where you can come, take a load off, laugh, cry, ask for advice (mostly bad but you still get it), or ##### and complain (95% of the threads!). So don't worry about Z - he's here for the same reason - just wait until the Lakeshow gets beat out in the first round of the playoffs again this season. He will be doing the same thing.

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Prayers for your family are in order. Glad you were able to keep your job - it is rough out here right now.

"Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got, taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot, wouldn't you like to get a way, sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came, you want to be where people see their troubles are all the same, you want to be where everybody knows your name"

HOOK 'EM!

Feeling your pain, Hope things turn around for your daughter and your friends.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Hopefully the economy will turn around and your friends will come back to work. As far as your daughter, get her into rehab and you and your family go to NARCONON, it is a very similar program to ALANON which is for the families of alcoholics, but NARCONON is for the families of drug addicts. It will help you all understand addicts mind set, how they think, etc. While it is hard on the addicts, I can attest that it is even harder in the families. Looking back I put my wife through quite a bit of Hell with my drinking before I got sober. Go to a meeting by yourself and then decide if it will help your family, you don't have to get up and say anything. I didn't say anything at the one and only AA meeting I went to, that was nearly 9 years ago, but I am thankful that my wife and our best friend made me go. It really opened my eyes.
WVBOWAK

LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-11 AT 12:43PM (MST)[p]Wow, your daughter has got to be on your mind. That is some tough chit to be going through. BTDT, with the pain pill addicition thing of a family member. Untill she hits the bottom, nothing will change and nothing will make her change. Might be best for you and the wife to hit up some counseling so that you two can better deal with it.

Best of luck to you.

>LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-11
>AT 00:19?AM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-11
>AT 00:18?AM (MST)

>
>Some days are tough. 260 layed
>off at work today. Im
>safe but have lost many
>good friends. My oldest daughter
>weighs 89 lbs due to
>pain pill abuse. Cant get
>the energy to go scouting
>due to the stress. Sorry
>for venting.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I'm with those who say "go ahead and vent". No, it won't change much but....sitting around a campfire is all about stuff that won't really do much except make somebody "feel good" for a minute...or maybe less bad.

If it helps, I've worn those shoes (others are right now); couldn't get the energy to go scouting either. I all but missed an entire season. Wish you daughter (and those laid off) better days soon!

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Vent all you want brother. That's why we are here for to help one another. It pains me about your friends losing their jobs and your daughter suffering a terrible addiction. Be strong for them and especially for your little girl. You are in my prayers DM.

Eldorado

Let it go friend, most of us here are more than happy to listen to a mm family member let go of some frustrations every now and again. May the lords blessings be upon you and your daughter in these tough times. God bless!

what's she on?......I could stand to lose about 50 lbs...

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

It can happen to anyone. The thing that you MUST do is get her off of the pain pills. My brother in law was a police officer and was in multiple car accidents on the job and was put on pain pills. Over the years they did less and less for his pain so one night the pain was so bad that he took one of his pain patches, tried to melt the medicine off of it into a spoon and shot it into his veins. He died. It's no joke and once you're hooked, it all down hill and more and more will be added on because your body will need stronger and stronger meds. I've never used any meds other than antibiotics and won't cuz they scare the sh!t out of me. Your daughter needs to kick them. Sorry to hear of your problems.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

She lives 650 miles away and is the Mom of my beautiful 3 yo granddaughter.I dont Know how to thank you for the nice replies I appreciate it. She loks like a holocaust victim. My son is also in trouble. I saw their Mom die from this. Its tearing me up.

DeerMadness, hey dude it's probably way to late to matter but for what it's worth, I'm really sorry for being a plick the other night!!

Keep your head up man, all bad things pass with time...this one might take a while but it's up to you alone how you handle it. I'm sure you'll be as supportive and help them in any way you can but it's going to be their decision whether or not they turn their lives around.

~Z~

No problems. I dont worry about stuff. I have said fhings here I regretted. Im only worried about her. I dkd go do some scouting and the bulls were quiet or I was too far away. My wife enjoyed me taking her on a gnarly atv ride after scouting. Thanks bud you are a fellow MM er.

Best wishes for you, your family, and friends.

I agree that when you have that overwhelmed feeling, force yourself to get in the truck and drive to the hills! The peace is there!

Whether you're there looking for critters, or just want to think more clearly. I've found with the background noise that nature gives is more calming, and I just understand things better out there!

Again, best wishes MM'er!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Maybe a good scouting trip is what you really need... I hope it turns better for ya sooner than later!

Traditional >>>------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom