Some of my best friends.......

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I've never met in person.

I know it sounds weird but it's the internet thing. After many years of hanging out with the same people you get a feel for different people. You read hundreds of their posts and you get a pretty good idea who they really are. In your heart you know that if you were to ever meet in person they would be best friends and great hunting partners.

No, it's not a clubhouse thing.

Does this make sense? It's not something I ever thought would happen.

Or maybe I just drink too much?:)

Eel

Makes perfect sense. I feel the same way at times maybe because I'm less than two months from Medicare, lived in CA for 58 yrs and left for greener and more conservative pastures. I don't comment much but have been on this site for years and have made somewhat of a connection (in the mind) with a few long time posters. Also, I drink probably too much also.

I still hate you for hitting on Red you plick!

2311idiot.jpg

Great Thread idea Steve! Though we have never met in person, i think of you, and a couple others here, as my good friend. It is kind of weird how a person picks up on how another person is and how well you would get along with them in person just by reading their threads. Sometimes i might see more in comments than what they were intended but overall, i believe a lot of the time, i can read them exactly as they were meant.

I do feel very lucky though to have a half a dozen or so really good long time "best friend like" buddys. They know who they are and are welcome to the shirt off my back anytime they might need it.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Sounds like a personal thing to me. Cuz, I bet Red enjoyed all the attention. Women are funny about things like that.

RELH

>I've never met in person.
>
>I know it sounds weird but
>it's the internet thing. After
>many years of hanging out
>with the same people you
>get a feel for different
>people. You read hundreds of
>their posts and you get
>a pretty good idea who
>they really are. In your
>heart you know that if
>you were to ever meet
>in person they would be
>best friends and great hunting
>partners.
>
>No, it's not a clubhouse thing.
>
>
>Does this make sense? It's not
>something I ever thought would
>happen.
>
>Or maybe I just drink too
>much?:)
>
>Eel

I agree; there are a lot of nice folks on this site.

For the record I didn't hit on Red. Well OK, mostly didn't. We just have a few things in common and we both like the same people.

Eel

In the past 13+ years I have met about 25+ MM'ers and although I would not put them in the "best friends" catagory, I would still call them friends. Some are good friends and communicate back and forth......a couple are "plicks" but that is understandable....j/k.

I have actually hunted with only 1,that being "Longun". And spent some time riding around after our hunts in different areas and having dinner together in WY....hence, EELGRASS. Great time and enjoyed those few days and Steve knows I found out where he parked his rig in NV one year...he found my "calling card". I had the combination to the gate lock on private land that he did not know nor did I that he would be there too.

My campfire is always open and welcome those who care to stop by and chat/drink/cuss/drink/chat..but no MOUNTAIN DEW. Except "THE BOBCAT IS ALWAYS WELCOMED"...lol

Hope that all of you have a great year and are able to fill your tags and likewise, me too!

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Rug, no reason to be confused. There is a difference between good friends and tight friends.:)

Eel

>Eel told Lesgo he loves the
>clubhouse.
>
>
>
>
>
2311idiot.jpg

No....what I said was "if it wasn't for the clubhouse I'd never get to see 1911."

Eel

You're right Eel and Red said without a photo of 1911 hanging on her wall she would have forgot what he looks like.

2311idiot.jpg

I agree, there are some great guys on here. I've had the good fortune to get to know Eelgrass, FLEH and Antlerrick and all are fellows I'm glad I've gotten to know a bit or take hunting.

When you come in from a long hot day of elk hunting, and find a pizza sitting on the table in camp, with a note saying "I thought you might enjoy this instead of the usual camp food" and realize that Antlerrick and his wife Beverly bought it and drove over an hour to deliver it when I had never even met them up to that point, you know that they are quality people. As it turned out, I did have the pleasure of visiting with them later in my hunt.

FLEH was very helpful on that hunt too and we've become good friends since then. He comes out with a buddy of his to hunt ducks every fall now, and he even came out and spent three action packed days with me in April this year, turkey hunting. We keep trying to get my son drawn for Utah elk and when he does Jason is taking him hunting.

And as for Eelgrass... I've only had the pleasure of taking Steve duck hunting once, and I really enjoyed it. In fact, I feel bad that I haven't gotten together with him to take him again. I'm not sure why we haven't gotten together to tell some lies while shooting ducks, but we need to change that. Jason was also hoping to meet him while he was out here last winter, so lets fix that this coming season. Tipping a few cold ones around the fire pit while some steaks are bbq'ing the night before we head out to the blind is in order.

There are a number of other people on here that I've enjoyed reading their posts and some really helpful people when I've drawn a tag once in a while. I've appreciated all of that.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-13 AT 11:06AM (MST)[p]http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv109/dan_sozzi/Sanborn%20Slough/SteveCookseywithgreenwingdrakes.jpg

Eelgrass, hunting ducks in the Butte Sink

Friends don't make Friends eat Quackers!:D

But Shooting them is a different story!:D

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

CAelknuts, I am sooo ready for another duck hunt! You have a couple other "projects" that need attention first though. Like two of the best pronghorn and elk tags in Nevada!

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom