Some Girls....

T

tageater

A girl I work with, well she aint the brightest bulb.

I updated my FB status to indicate I'd be turtle hunting this thursday. Well she called BS on me. So thanks to all our turtle hunting friends and your trail cam pics, she's now a believer, and mentioned she'd be interested in trying it.

In fact I just received a text from her asking about where are some good places to hunt turtles in utah.

I may be playing this one out for awhile, as I'll have to send some pictures of my turtle hunt to her.

Gotta love a blonde!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

If she is cute and your single then sounds like a turtle hunting date might be in order.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Oh, I'm single. She's cute, and stupid. So a turtle hunting date might be our last date too!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Well Tag!

I'd of never thought there'd be Turtle Huntin in New Mexico!

This was on a Hunt with canyonwell!

Lots of CACTI down there,well there was until cw mowed it down with his Fords!:D

9160bb_027.jpg

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Oh no, lead her on a little. Can't let her off that easy.

up anyway."

Cute lil Bastard ain't He?

That'd be a nice one in a few years Be-Bop!

I do believe I will be dragging this out for her, and anyone else at work that wants to hear about my hunting adventures.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Easy tailchasers!

That was the Big One!:D

"Oh, I'm single. She's cute, and stupid."

Sooo... she's married & you are ugly & really smart?

Give it up Muncher... at your age just be glad she still sits down to pee.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

Well you've got it right on the I'm ugly part,, but she's single, too.

With any luck guys I'll have the time to turn my elk hunt into a turtle hunt, and I'll be glad to share it(and any reactions from co-workers) here.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Tag I will hook you up with some more turtle pics from my trail cam , that is if Eel doesn't get there first and sabotage my trail cam and make a play on the turtle I have been baiting , oops edit , I meant watching

Foundation- that'd be awesome! PM me any pics you can! And screw Eel, he's a lazy no good, Master turtle baiting pro, with high dollar clients, and 40 or so teenage spotters working for him! That aint what the hunt is about!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-11 AT 11:19PM (MST)[p]utahbigbull-

So a funny story....

2 of my swimmers were cruising towards their destination, when one of them says to the other," how long before we get to the fallopian tubes?". The second one replied, "relax boy, we've got awhile. We're just getting past her tonsils."

I know how to treat a lady, and one day I plan on dating one, but until then....its all fun and games!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

9551fredd.jpg

2088fred.jpg

This trail cam is set 3 feet high in the tree , and as you can see some times they like to show off for the camera .

Dad-gum that suckers got a real mean look in its eye. May wanna bump the load up a couple grains for that one.

up anyway."

That turtle looks like he could be trouble. Some-one needs to be putting a tag on him.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Funny stuff there Tag!

Just remember, as long as your swimmers are saying "We are just passing by the tonsils" Or "we are just passing by the colon" It's all good bud.

When they have the falopian in sight is when you are in trouble

I would start a hunt adventure thread, but I want feed back from everyone.

So once I get out on my hunt, I'll start a thread, and update it as I go along.

*side note...its not just dumb girls buying in on this. I've got guys that normally don't hunt at all, that are interested in hearing about the hunt.<Eye roll>

This is gonna be great!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

If you play this out right, it could be epic. And you may get lucky.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

9434denn.jpg

Tageater I finally found the den or the lare . Have some trail cams set up at the mouth , and its looking promising . I sent ya some other pics , hopefully it worked .

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-11 AT 06:50PM (MST)[p]"Oh, I'm single. She's cute, and stupid."

So you did warn her that the UT DWR regs state... Article 13 LE Turtle hunts " Turtle hunting is only allowed after dark and the hunter must be naked".

When you get back, any chance I could get her number? I drew a Chupacabbera LE tag. If she falls for the Naked rule she'll sh't when she sees the Chuppa rules.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

sLick, while I'm on this turtle hunt, I'll ask her about hunting the Chuppa. If she's game, I may hire you as our guide. That is unless she turns into a crazy psycho hose beast, then I'll just turn her number over to you.

Foundation- those trail cam pics are awesome...the more I see the less I want to hunt these things with a bow...

Hang in there all. The hunt starts Thursday...

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Tag, give us some ideas on what kind of turtle hunt you're planning. Spot and stalk? Tree stand? Decoys and a call?

Let Roy know if you need a lettuce flinger.

Eel

The plan I envision; is a lot of high elevation spotting in the afternoons...from my hammock. I'll check the local springs and water holes for track, and sign (dead wolves with turtle bites). From there I'm gonna trust the landowner, that knows the lettuce beds, and has given me a rough sketch of where they are.

If I DO find one that I feel is worth using the coveted tag on, I'll try to get myself in position,(and this is the part that scares me) between him and his lettuce bed....setting up the ground blind ambush.

I also lucked out and found a local turtle farm, that sold me a 40 gallon barrel(the smallest size they sell. I'm gonna hate packing that in) of turtle urine, so I can mask my scent and attract him.

but really my plan is just to find one, and let the plan form from there. As any true hunter knows being flexible in any hunting technique is a must! I'll let what he does dictate what I'll be able to do. I won't force a stalk unless it is 100% for sure! I'd hate to scare him out of the County with a rushed stalk.

But being a new kid to the turtle hunt any advice, and I've already got a ton, is welcomed!

Thanks again, guys!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Tag, once you bag your turtle, how do you plan on undressing it? From above, below, or side to side?

Eldorado

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-11 AT 10:21PM (MST)[p]That's where some advice would be handy.

I was thinking some kinda large can opener device?

I've got Oyster knives- would those work?

I also need some advice on taxidermy- I was thinking just a shoulder mount, but I've been talked into a half body...i just cant decide if I'm gonna do the top half or bottom half.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

On the more serious side of all of this, I WILL be seriously trying to tag out with my elk tag.

That will be my #1 focus.

That being said, I do hope that I find myself in a position to get a decent "turtle hunt caught on film".

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

Damn, I just wasted three minutes reading the stupid thread....man I need a shot of Crown...LOL

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

40 gallons of turtle urine / cover scent , I dont know about that . I think you may be cutting that a little close , and will probably need more before its all said and done .

I checked high and low on youtube and other places and couldn't find a turtle hunt captured on film , so it would be cool if you can get it done .

Your a lucky man sittin on a highly coveted tag . One day I'll hopefully be that lucky , but in tell then I will be tuning in to live vicariously through your adventure .

RE: when turtles attack .

161send.jpg

I have the remote view setup on my trailcam , and I had this little gem when I logged in . It appears the turtle killed this big ol candian wolf . For some reason I don't have the kill photo's , maybe because the shutter is set on turtle speed and only takes one pic per ten minutes .

Any turtle that can kill a wolf is a worthy adversary , and dangerous game that should be watched carefully . If you decide to still do the bow thing , it may not be a bad idea to have some sort of backup ?

RE: when turtles attack .

Let us know how she does on the turtle hunt. If that's not really something she likes let me know. I have a guided one one snake hunt she may be interested in with a 100% success rate. Trophy fees are reasonable too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom