Solar Power Products for Elk and Deer Hunt

A

anicosia

Has anyone used any solar power units to keep phones and other devices charged? Looking for a good solution....

anicosia - I've used this one:

http://www.amazon.com/USB-AA-Solar-Panel-Charger/dp/B001RMBHMK

It can recharge a pair of AA batteries (I use Sanyo Eneloops) and also provides a USB power output for cell phones, etc. I strapped it to the top of my pack so that it charged while I hiked. Worked well, but I never really used the USB output, just the AA charger. Note that some of the Amazon reviewers have found that it doesn't provide enough output to charge some devices.

sab

Along the same lines I have heard there is solar power for game cameras. Guess they use rechargeable batteries and keep them charged up. Has anyone heard of this or used one? I got a real nasty steep hole Id like to set a camera in but I would like to leave it for 6 weeks or better so I don't have to keep going in and out to change out batteries.

GBA

My dad has an solar power system he brought on my elk hunt this year. It consists of two 48w folding panels with stands, a charge controller, and a lithium battery pack. He laid out several cables and we had unlimited use of LED tent & cooking lights, universal battery chargers for AAA AA C D & 9v batteries, we charged cell phones, video cameras, GPS batteries, and we even got to use a laptop for the entire trip. We were spoiled rotten.

I have a couple of those small 12v 6w folding panels from Brunton that I daisy chain together to power my battery charger so I can keep all my battery opperated items going.

You can use suction cups to stick them to your windshield facing the sun to charge your spare batteries while you're out hunting, or to keep your truck battery charged up, too.

I bought two of the 6w panels because they're cheaper than one 12w panel, and I need at least 10w to power my charger.

Welcome to the 21st century. Aint it great?

GotbowAz;

I have many Bushnell trophy cams , and their batteries last at least 6 months , when you use energizer batteries.

They have 3 , 5 , 8 megapixels , I use 3 myself and can use up to a 16GB sd card.

I have used them for over a year , and they perform well.

There are many cameras on the market , but after years of trying solar units and different cameras , these are the one 's
that I like the best.

Around $200.00 at cabelas and a very good bear box is the cam-lock box , about 35-40 dollars.

Steve

http://www.goal0.com/hunting/

Check out this web site. It is a local company located at the point of the mountain. They make a great,lightweight portable unit to power all you devises.

I used one hunt region G in Wyoming this year and was able to keep my cell phone powered up so I could check in with the wife periodically.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom