Softball Western Nationals

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Anybody else heading to Las Cruces, New Mexico for the 12U Girls Western Nationals? What about Roseville, CA for the 14U Girls Western Nationals?
My 13 year old daughter won their Metro to qualify for Nationals. Took first out of 14 teams. My 11 year old took 3rd at their Metro out of 16 teams. Looks like my wife and I will be splitting up for the week of August 2nd-9th. I can't wait....I love to watch my girls rip it up!!

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-10 AT 00:03AM (MST)[p]Steve are all the girls 13?? I mean I could prolly handle 16...maybe...but 13 is mighty youngish...

Best of luck to your girl and hope you and the family have a great time!!

~Z~

never_catch- You'd be surprised at the level of play that these teams have. It's not your typical girls rec softball. The 14U girls are pitching over 53+ mph from 35 feet. Our 12U's are pitching 50 mph. It's hard for me to catch up to balls coming that fast. These girls are educated when it comes to the game. Every play is a different scenario. They've got to be so into the game and know where the play is on every pitch. It is a game of strategy. That is what's so cool about it. It's a game inside a game.
14U is any girl 14 or younger. 12U is any girl 12 or younger. I've got one in each division.

Steve

Very cool stuff dude!! My son (6) just finished his first year of baseball and it was a blast...honestly excited for next year!!

Tell yer daughters to whoop some ass!! :)

~Z~

What's funny is that my son played baseball for two years (ages 7, 8) and I hated it! It was sooooooo boring and slow. To each his own, I guess. Have a good night, NC.

Steve

Good luck to your daughter Steve!

I hope she doesn't go to U of South Carolina for college and play ball there.
Have you seen the coach for the girls SC Gamecocks team on TV....she wears a cup---I swear!

Scary looking babe coach for sure!

Sorry--I digress....

Robb

I sure miss softball and coaching.. The last team I had was 16U and we went to the Nationals. Like you said it's a game with in a game and strategy is key.
Alot of people have no idea how good the girls are that play at that level of softball. Good luck to your daughters Steve..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom