Softball Dads

Wiszard

Long Time Member
My daughter plays for the San Jose Sting 16U team and we were in Stockton last weekend where I saw a Ford truck that had "Outdoors" on both sides along with many hunting related sponsors on it. He had a Firecrackers sticker on the window and had Utah plates. I wonder how many guys here have daughters that play and very possibly may be at some of the same tournaments I will be at. Probably a shot in the dark but does anyone here know that truck? It's a white F350 with solar panels on the bed cover.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

That is a shot in the dark...but YEAH you saw my truck. My daughter is on the Firecrackers Utah 16U team. We were in town for the tourney trying to get a berth. They didn't play that well, ended up getting bounced Saturday night. At what park did you see it Wiszard? I think we went to all three. One of them was a bit sketchy! The guy parked next to me had his gas tank popped and someone tried to steal his fuel! Crazy people. How'd your daughters team do?

WOW! Crazy.....they played at McNair on Saturday and that is where I saw your truck. They played at Arnaiz (?) Sat and Sunday. I wasn't there on Friday when they played. Our girls stayed in the winners bracket until Saturday at 10 am where they lost to SoCal Bandits 4-0. Bandits ended up getting one of the berths. That was a great team. Probably the best they've faced. Are you guys hitting any more California tournaments? I'm sure you'll be in Colorado over the 4th of July?

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Longmont July 1st-5th. I'll be staying in Boulder.

Wiz,

If you get tired or break down in western Colorado, Grand Junction area, give me a shout.

Beanman- I appreciate the offer. We'll be flying in and getting a rental car from there. Take care...

Wizz....kudus to your daughter, but kudus to you for your support. Bet they row up to be model citizens.

OH..don't inhale to deeply in Colorado...LOL.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

kilbuc- No doubt! I'm prepared for a scene from the Walking Dead. LOL

Hey Wiz,
They ended up qualifying for the PGF! I guess they decided to award 4 teams in the Vegas qualifier and gave them a bid. I wish we would have known that before we went to Stockton. I'll check their schedule and see when we are coming back to CA. I know we have at least 5 more tournaments there. You might of said, but what position does your daughter play? What colleges is she looking at? My daughter has it down to about 10 schools. All out of state of course!

fstop- Congrats on the berth. PGF is where the best teams will be for Nationals. We're either gonna head to Tennessee for ASA Nationals or, if the do well and get a berth this weekend up in Roseville, Ca, they'll go to the Nationals in Oregon. We won the NorCal Championship last weekend but the competition was a bit weak. My daughter, Delanie, hit her 3rd career grandslam so that was pretty exciting. She's got UCLA as her #1 school and attended a camp on Monday. My older daughter will be attending UCLA in the fall as a freshman so it would be nice to keep them together. Prob not likely but she is really pushing for it. Shes emailing UCSB, Cal Poly, Michigan, Cal, Alabama, Stanford, UCSD (San Diego), Penn, Arizona. We would really like her to stay close but Penn is top 25 in the country for Dental school and she's thinking she wants to be a dentist. She plays 3rd and is a sophomore. Send me an email with your daughters name and stuff and I'll do the same. Its always nice to check up on other girls teams and see how everyone is doing. My email address is [email protected]. I don't want to put too much info out over the internet about our daughters. Never know who is creeping. LOL.

Steve

Stevo....my wife went down there to watch a couple of her students. You should have called me.....we could have grabbed a brewsky.

Ryan- I didn't even think about that. I would've liked to hang out a bit. Does Melissa have any students playing 16's? I think we'll be up in Sunnyvale again in the fall so I'll get with you before then.

Steve

Yeah....she's on the phone yappin about some bs that went on with the 18golds in Oregon today.... Its softball 24-7-365 around here...lol.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom