SO??? WAS IT OLD TNT???

I "borrowed" some dynamite from work one time and stored it in the garage and forgot about it for a couple years. When I cleaned out the garage I came across it and it had turned to a gel. I had heard the gel was super sensitive so I very carefully put it in the garbage can for the garbage man. I never heard any explosions so I guess it was okay. That's all I know about explosives.

LMAO Eel!:D

I "borrowed" some dynamite from work one time and stored it in the garage and forgot about it for a couple years. When I cleaned out the garage I came across it and it had turned to a gel. I had heard the gel was super sensitive so I very carefully put it in the garbage can for the garbage man. I never heard any explosions so I guess it was okay. That's all I know about explosives.

How do borrow Dynamite!
If you use it you obviously can not return it!

Probably old dynamite that the nitro had leaked out. I ran across that at a old mine in my patrol beat. About 10-12 sticks of old Dupont dynamite that had leaked the nitro out. The fire marshal and I removed the dynamite from the wood case and placed it in a iron ore cart that was in the mine shaft. Saturated it with acetone and burned it. That is after I removed a blasting cap that was in one of the sticks.
RELH

It stabilizes the nitroglycerin so it can be burned. One reason I prefer to work with military explosives over explosives made for the civilian market. Military explosives are more stable and can be burned without having a explosion.

RELH

It stabilizes the nitroglycerin so it can be burned. One reason I prefer to work with military explosives over explosives made for the civilian market. Military explosives are more stable and can be burned without having a explosion.

RELH
I love useless information like that. (y)

Ok, how did you light it? I tried to blow up a truckIng terminal once (I was a yardbird there) by slathering a semi with acetone (wipe down). I was in a poorly ventilated area along with a diesel fired steam cleaner. With a lit pilot.:oops:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom