So East Ut Monster Bulls Cwmu

rutnbuck

Long Time Member
Any one with information on Southern Ut. Cwmu bulls. Units near the San Juan? Or how about Summit Point? Hopeing to draw a tag. With max points I want to make it count.
Rut

Call Todd Black He has some really nice bulls on the CMWU that they run. During Deer ML season we saw some real nice ones.
This CMWU is over in SE Utah just north of Monticello

rutnbuck

I would call Todd Black. I have known Todd for about 12 years. He has guided some great hunts on San Juan. He can get you a 350+ bull. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I will send you his phone number.

Mark

Oh it won't be a waste of points. I just need a good excuse to get out of the house. The matter of fact I probably won't even pull the trigger unless it is a bull of my standards. That will be tough on any unit. One of the best hunts I had was on a CWMU. Deseret i drew moose killed a book bull. Not only did I kill a nice bull. They treated me like I paid 10,000 bucks. Utah has so many good bull units now!! Ya ever seen the bulls of Pilot Mt, Manti, or Monroe, How about the San Jaun. Just to mention a few. The challange for me is not killing an elk but draw one of them damn tags then go sleep in the hills. Where the phone don't ring and your girl quits calling me.
No just kidding about your girl. I have put in for all the good units and I am tired of it. Maybe I should just go bye a landowner tag. I do know what u mean by waste the points on CWMU. I have done alot of home work belive me. Will u watch my girl if I draw.
Rut

Deseret is the only CWMU who will go above and beyond for the public hunter. & they should. 10,000+ acres in the unit is state trust land

Skunkturd......you obviously do not know what you are talking about when it comes to CWMU's. I am a public hunter, and have killed a antelope (74 points), a Bull Elk (355), several nice buck deer, and lots of antlerless animals........all on CWMU's. I have always been treated with respect, and been given lot's of opportunities to hunt.
It sounds like you are looking for someone to "wine & dine" you, and do everything for you, that you would get with a guided hunt. The purpose of the CWMU, is to give you the chance to HUNT on private ground, that you couldn't get permission to do, if it wasn't for the CWMU's.
CWMU's are the best thing that has ever happened for the average hunter, that wants a chance at a trophy animal, without spending a ton of money.

I know there are alot of big deer there becouse I use to hunt there while I was young. I always had to work my butt off but it was well worth it.

I hunted the SpingCreek Thorb CWMU by Monticello this past rifle deer season. I believe it's called SpringCreek Dodge in the 2004 proclamation. I saw many nice bulls. I don't think you would be dissapointed it you were able to get a bull elk tag for that unit.

RE: and the ? is

like the three guys that died and met st. peter at the perly gates. St peter ask the first one what his i.q was. He replied I was a engineer and i had an iq of 180. St peter says well we can use u over here. And he ask the second gent his i.q? And he replied I was a doctor with a I.Q of 220. Well great said St. peter. We can use u over here. And he asked the third his I.Q. the reply was. I was a construction worker I have an I.Q of 80.
and St peter said Well did u get your Deer?
And the question to u is did u get your deer? What was it and thanks for the help and reply.
Rut

hope you draw a tag you will find a lot of nice ones down in that area,if you draw let me know and I will give you some areas to start scouting in.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom