Snowy Range deer

W

WyomingMan

I am looking at rifle hunting the Snowy Range for deer which I haven't done in years. I am looking at the Fox Park, Woods Landing area. Has anyone been in that area lately and if so how is the population looking? I was also interested in the Pelton Creek area but have never hunted that area. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

GO POKES!

I have been up there every weekend since Aug 27. have seen a few does and a group of 8 forkies near rob roy. saw some does and a ok deer in the timber near fox park. Seen nothing in pelton creek. not very promising imo.

Seems like that area has gotten worse every year for a long time. You'll have to hunt hard and be lucky to do much good. That's some good country, but there just are not many deer left there.

There have never been many deer in the Snowies. When I lived in Laramie thorugh the latter 1980's, I spent more weekends than I can remember on that mountain. It was rare to see a good buck anywhere on top. Down along the fringes of the timber and aspens is where most of the good bucks used to come from. I wouldn't waste my time on top. Was moose hunting 38 6 years ago. In 13 days of scouting and hunting, I only remember seeing one good buck. I'd be hunting down along Douglas Ck., and some of those creek drainages that flow into the Platte. Some of that country is steep and deep and most guys won't hunt over there because they can't ride their wheelers where the deer are...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom