Snow Goose

massNtrash

Has anyone hunted snow geese around Torrington? If so how was it? I'm from the western part of the state and we just planned a trip over there for mid march should be fun. Just wondering how it was. Thanks

If yer going guided, I'd cancel and book with someone in Nebraska or South Dakota. Success around Torrington is very sporadic due to excessive pressure and weather conditions. The birds are getting hammered in Colorado for several weeks before they show up in Wyoming. The birds are concentrated around Torrington and are hunted by a handful of outfitters most days of the week. As a result they've become very decoy shy. On top of that, the numbers are relatively low, 30,000 - 100,000 depending on the migration and weather. Depending on where yer at in Nebraska or So Dak, yer talking a half mill on into the millions. If its warm and no wind during yer hunt, forget it. I'll be DIY hunting Torrington if the weather is cooperative. As a back up, we've been trying to do at least one guided hunt each year. We'll be in So Dak the third week of March. John Neu runs a good operation. If it wasn't so far, I'd be doing Arkansas at the beginning of the migration...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom