Sniper record broken

RELH

Long Time Member
While at my IDPA pistol match this morning, our previous shooting club president got a text from one of his Marine buddies.

The long distance confirmed kill shot of 2,430 metres held by a Canadian sniper was just broken by a British sniper in Afghanstan. It was a double kill at over 1.6 miles. The sniper took out the first insurgent with a cold first shot. Another insurgent ran over and picked up the AK-47 from the dead insurgent and took a kill shot also.

I hope they buy a case of good whiskey for that sniper to enjoy.

RELH

Kilo, congrats on your win today. Good luck next week!

Aw No, not the 300 RUM!! We'll never hear the end of it!! LOL

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Nice!! It had to have been a .50 BMG.

smiley-violent064.gif

LAST EDITED ON Jan-15-12 AT 10:36PM (MST)[p]Dont know what case but heard for certain he was using corelokts.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-15-12 AT 11:22PM (MST)[p]I heard he was using a crossbow recently tested here in Utardia.

Edit- a solo shot would be tough enough! Well done! Congrats, sniper! I drink to your shots tonight.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

It is my understanding that the British snipers do not use the .50 cal. I have heard they are using the .338 lapua or 300 win. mag, but I am not positive on this. If using one of the above, my guess he used the .338 Lapua.

RELH

he was using a .338 it was on tv the other day history channel it took him three shots to get dialed in on the targets.

>he was using a .338 it
>was on tv the other
>day history channel it took
>him three shots to get
>dialed in on the targets.
>

This just barely took place and it's already on the history channel??? :eek:

I'm pretty sure it was the same rifle he used for elk and such and it is a 243.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I did not know Stinky double duties for the Brits? If it was not him , it must have been his gun. CONGRATS Stink!!

Slammy it happened a while ago and yes it was just on the history channel on a show titled snipers:bulletproof. It had a lot of good stories on there. The guy was using a .338 lapua and it took more than three shot before he made the hit and he shot two guys at that range.

I'm probably wrong, but I saw that episode. It was my understanding that the one you guys are talking about is the longest shot by an American. At the time of the episode, the Canadian stilled owned the record. This British sniper has beaten that. Like I said, I think this is the case. Can someone clear it up?

The episode I watched aired on Saturday and it spoke and showed a re-enactment of the british sniper beating the canadians record.He shot two Afghan machine gunners that had his company pinned down from 1.6 miles which beat the canadian sniper by a tenth of a mile.

The Canadians record was broken by the British sniper last November.It was just recently aired on the History channel .The rifle was an Accuracy International L115 A-3 chambered in .338 Lapua .

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-12 AT 03:47PM (MST)[p]Great reporting manny, this happened in 2009..(sorry RELH)

Overton missed a ground squirrel at 12 yards once. It wasn't with a Lapua though, it was a double barrel 12 on a tripod.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Who cares what the record is, or who set it, as long as they hiked over there and peed on the dead SOB.

Eel

Non-C.I.P. conforming British military issue overpressure .338 Lapua Magnum cartridges with a 91.4 mm (3.60 in) overall length, loaded with 16.2-gram (250 gr) LockBase B408 very-low-drag bullets were used in November 2009 by British sniper Corporal of Horse (CoH) Craig Harrison to establish a new record for the longest confirmed sniper kill in combat, at a range of 2,475 m (2,707 yd).

smiley-violent064.gif

It was a great story.
I don't believe I've ever shot at a distance that you need to take the earth's rotation into account. It took over 4 seconds for the bullet to get to the target.
He didn't even see the second kill, he was home on furlough already when it hit. ;)

Keep pullin the trigger! Send those boys a case of Jameson and a new 416 Barrett let them figure it out.

>Who cares what the record is,
>or who set it, as
>long as they hiked over
>there and peed on the
>dead SOB.
>
>Eel

I agree, but apparently they will put you in jail for peeing on dead enemy bodies. Really?

If "they" only knew......LOL!

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

>Who cares what the record is,
>or who set it, as
>long as they hiked over
>there and peed on the
>dead SOB.
>
>Eel

i like the way u think eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom