Snake Valley, antelope help request

hossblur

Long Time Member
Father in law drew it. We are looking forward to spending some time on the desert scouting. Been to Wendover, been to Jericho, not spent time in between. So looking for ideas on what maps you guys have used that you found more effective. Also, what is the rules with the testing range. Can you cross it? Is it locked solid? We have been telling our wives that basecamp will be the Peppermill, and there might be some truth to that, but the test range covers a lot of ground.

It will be new territory for us, we spent most of our summers and fall in the high country, so desert will be cool. Anything we "need" to see while we are out there riding around?

Thx

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

Test range is out of bounds. But it's a great unit IMO. killed a really respectable buck out there a few years ago with a client. I spent 3 days scouting and looked at close to 100 different bucks. Put a ton of miles on my rig. Had our number one buck down 5 minutes into the hunt. Make sure you take extra fuel you'll need it! Good luck can't wait to see pics!

Called the DON

Press 1 for a $100k donation
Press 2 for a 200k donation
Press 3 for saving the Utah mule deer by staying home this year.
Press 4 for stopping the wolves in Utah(by donating $250k)

I was confused so I hung up

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

I've been told the South end of the unit holds more game. I hunted the unit a few years back and stayed at the Border Inn on Hwy 50. Easy access and plenty of goats which seemed to move to the highest ground after the first day. Fun hunt. Shoot straight. Sourkraut

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom