Snake season Have you seen any yet.

Gator

Long Time Member
Have a couple of guys come into the shop today and said they saw a couple big ones out this last weekend.
I guess it time to do another snake avoidance class on the dogs.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Nasty dam things. Figure I'll have a run in with one come turkey season.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

Do ya think the snake knows when the season opens?

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

>Do ya think the snake knows
>when the season opens?
>
>"Courage is being scared to death
>but
>saddling up anyway."

I suspect like me the snake can't find a calendar when he needs one! :D

Yep 1st snake of the season we had to move a big brush pile yesterday and it had a 4 ft Racer in it, Don't think I can run as fast as he moved.
Just glad it was one of those buzztails.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I count my lucky stars every time that i think of all the rattler encounters that have come with the territory that i grew up in. There was not a year that we didn't kill snakes in just our yard, usually several a year, but a couple dozen, ranch wide, a season was not unusual.

Dogs died or had a hard time with recovery but none of my Family or friends ever got bit. I've stepped right on them while hunting and fishing, stood within inches of them and not known they were even there, and had them strike at me only to miss but come within inches. It's amazing just how fast a person can move away from a rattler when you first see it ready to strike! Really Fast! :)

Being Color Blind, i don't think that i see them as well as the next guy but i have had the hairs on the back of my neck stand out and further looking around has found a close by snake as the reason why. If i never see another Rattler, that will be OK with me!

This guy is nuts! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"