Smoothies!!

sageadvice

Long Time Member
For all you he man, hard core, die hard, mans mans like me out there, you may have not ever tried a smoothie. I know i hadn't but now i know what i've been missing. These things are Good!!!

How to make a basic fruit Smoothie(lots of variations)

1) Blender
2) Fill the Blender up 1/3 with ice cubes
3) pour in a cup or two, non or low fat milk
4) Put in couple scoops of Yogurt
5) add fruit, strawberry's, blueberry's, banana, peach, cantaloupe, mango...these i've tried so far, as much or as little as you want.
6. Blend it up on high speed!! Drink it :)

My Sis made me my first one a couple weeks ago. "All good stuff for you in there" she said. To me, tastes like a damn good fruity milkshake but they got hardly any of the calories. If a grizzly he man like ol Joey can see clear to eat this, what i had before thought was newfangled sissy food, you can to. Smoothies is good food, get yourself some!!!

Joey

I'll have a little vodka in mine :)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Hey Joey.....I can understand the smoothies, but don't start watching "Chick Flicks" or I will start worrying about you.

>I'll have a little vodka in
>mine :)
>
>
>"A well regulated militia, being necessary
>to the security of a
>free state, the right of
>the people to keep and
>bear arms shall not be
>infringed."

You beat me to it!

OK, i figure that there's a bunch of you guys been drinking these things for a long time now. I'm told that you can put peanut butter in there, flax seed, wheat germ, honey, trail mix, all kinds of stuff to not only add to the flavor but make even more nutritional.

What's the way that that you like em? Nobody said Rum yet! :)

Joey

Joey; you should had never mentioned rum to this crowd of he-man drinkers. I can close my eyes and see one of our fellow MM hunters toss in the ice cubes, 3-4 shots of rum and fill the rest with Coco Cola and turn the mixer on high speed and wonder why it all fizzed out over the top.

Should be funny, but they would not admit to doing it.

RELH

Joey, your recipe sounds pretty healthy. I have to admit I've never tried one, of any kind. It sounds good on a hot summer day! Too bad in Eureka there is no such thing as a hot summer day.

Maybe heated up over the wood stove?:)

Eel

p.s. nice to see you back!

I dunno...I still prefer milkshakes...

girls-bouncing-boobs.gif

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LOL B.S., very interesting!!

Eel, Thanks Eel! I near wrecked several times and not much fun, glad to be home!

Still, not one out there to fess up that they really like this drink? Hard to believe!! I mean, sure, i had not heard of them before but i near live in a cave. Since i've been "turned on to them" though, everybody it seems, drinks them daily and shouts out the merits of this healthy, nutritional, food-drink! As far as taste goes, IMO, they hang right in there with milkshakes.

"The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast." :)

Joey

Been to a Jamba Juice place here in this town a number of times and had something very much like a Smoothie....good thirst quencher on a hot day.

Brian
http://i48.tinypic.com/238eb6.jpg[/IMG]

Ding Ding Ding!!! We got a winner folks!!

Kilo, You are the Man!!!

I don't care one bit what some might think. I'm getting older, not as healthy, and not near the shape but I know who i am. I been one ruff, tuff, SOB all my life when i needed to be and i like smoothies!! :)

Joey

bucksnort;

I love those two "milkshakes" you posted. I am having a hard time deciding if I want strawberry or vanilla, since both look delicious.

Crap! the wife just walked in and told me to forget it and something about I would not know what to do with it if I did make a choice.

RELH

Dang you Joey for starting this and getting me in trouble with the MRS.

Jamba Juice has some great ones, they're probably the only healthy drink I've had in the past 10 years...I have mixed Jager in with em from time to time though ;-)

B.S. great lookin shakes!!

~Z~

I have been known to "internally" blend a case of Miller, a half dozen tacos, a couple of jalepeno' poppers and several tequilla shooters.

After all that, I can usually get a "smoothie" out either end. Sometimes, I am even concious when it happens.

Nickman, Your responses are usually original. Can't say that i appreciate you taking a dump on my thread. Hope at least you feel better for doing so!!

RELH, Me? lol, It was all BuckSnorts fault!! I like to delegate responsibility whenever possible!! :)

N_C, Haven't heard of that chain but i'll look for one when in the big cities. No party for this ol boy since Aug 1997!! Thanks for stopping in!!

This AM i had a cantaloupe and Blueberry smoothie instead of bacon, potatoes, eggs, and toast. I made this breakfast in 2 minutes and was done. The best part was i actually enjoyed the milkshake like smoothie even more than i would have the standard but not as good for me/you fare. I do love my bacon, sausage,... and i don't expect to stop the craving after all these years but at least for now, i'm liking the needed healthy change in my diet.

Joey

>I dunno...I still prefer milkshakes...
>
>
girls-bouncing-boobs.gif

>
>
>
horsepoop.gif

>
>Disclaimer:
>The poster does not take any
>responsibility for any hurt or
>bad feelings. Reading threads poses
>inherent risks. The poster would
>like to remind readers to
>make sure they have a
>functional sense of humor before
>they visit any discussion board.
>

I must have watched that short clip 10 times before I realized it was replaying over and over. LOL Now what were we talking about?

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

Joey, I apologize.

Next time I go to a civilized town, I will have a Mango Smoothie as punishment.

I hate Mango.

No apologies necessary Nickman. As i said you are usually original and sometimes think outside the box so... But hey, Thanks!

CBeard, Let us/me know how you like it. My money is on the good-great side.!! :)

Joey

OK Joey Mama just made me one with fresh TX peaches and ice cream (I don't have any yogurt). It is really good!

I had her run up and down the stairs a few times to mix it up properly.

;-)

Nickman might want to add some pepto to his smoothie. If you have an Orange Julius around, try them they are MMM good!

Checked out the topics and smoothies was all lit up.............
I am a bit disapointed in the fraudulent advertisement.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom