Smokeless

Omega. I’m not using it. I’m thinking of rebarrel it to shoot smokeless, but since this chicken schit state won’t let you there’s no sense in doing it. Don’t see what the difference is.

If there is no difference, then why don't you just shoot black and not worry about that.

If there is a difference, then you would understand, not complain about it, and take the muzzleloader hunt for a primitive hunt, rather than a rifle hunt.

Good luck

Last edited:
I have an Omega myself. Came with the standard breech plug for Pyrodex or 777. bought the breech plug for BH209. Didn't know you had to change barrels. May be a dumb question but What's the difference between them?

If there is no difference, then why don't you just shoot black and not worry about that.

If there is a difference, then you would understand, not complain about it, and take the muzzleloader hunt for a primitive hunt, rather than a rifle hunt.

Good luck
Because it’s still loaded from the muzzle. It’s my choice on what I use to push a bullet. Primitive hunt my ass! Our elk hunt for muzzleloader is the last hunt of the year after being hunted for 3 months, and they want to try and make it primitive? Give me a break.

I have an Omega myself. Came with the standard breech plug for Pyrodex or 777. bought the breech plug for BH209. Didn't know you had to change barrels. May be a dumb question but What's the difference between them?
Smokeless powder as in powder for reloading centerfire cartridges.

I'm not the one to argue that question. Sounds like you need to talk to Utah DWR, attend RAC meetings and get the law changed.

In the mean time, I will hunt Nevada with very similar restrictions on muzzle loaders, and not worry about it.

Good luck.

I would think it’s because you can pretty much replicate the performance of a centerfire rifle with it. Not that it would do you much good with a 1X scope but who knows.

The Omega breech plugs are good for all powders. No need to buy a special one for Bh209. If you want to shoot smokeless though you need a stronger replacement barrel.

The Omega breech plugs are good for all powders. No need to buy a special one for Bh209. If you want to shoot smokeless though you need a stronger replacement barrel.
I've put quite a few shots through mine over the 5 years I've had it with no issues. Lots of shooting different loads to get it right.

If you hate the State and it’s regulations so much, why not just boycott Utah and not even spend a dollar and stay out?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom