Smoked Cottontails !

brutus54

I was reading the post awhile back about the way some guys were cooking up the Cottontails they were getting. Well it made me hungry so went and got a few the other day and tried a new recipe I thought I would share. Apple wood smoked Cottontail. I smoked them just long enough to get the smoke flavor on them (Two pans of chips) Then I put them in a crockpot with onion soup mix and water plus garlic on a bed of onions. They turned out Great! I can still taste the smoke flavor after I was done eating them. And plenty of left overs for lunch tomorrow.

7634sam0833.jpg

Those look outstanding. Now I believe I'll follow your lead and go get a couple too. Thanks for sharing that.

What time is lunch?
I'm sure I could track you down and help devour a couple pieces!
Looks wonderful.

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-16 AT 01:48PM (MST)[p]Never eaten wild rabbit. How much sinew is in those hindquarters?

DC

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-16
>AT 01:48?PM (MST)

>
>Never eaten wild rabbit. How
>much sinew is in those
>hindquarters?
>
>DC

A little bit towards the lower end but not bad. Less than birds legs.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom