SMITH & WESSON QUESTION???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
I see some of the Smith & Wesson Models are followed by a -1?

-2?

As in 642-1?

637-2?

Wondering what dash & Numbers Signify?

Thanks!

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

Might Help if the List you Guys Posted listed the 637's & the 642's!

The "-1 or -2" denotes a change in the model from the original model. Also any model that begins with a "6" indicates it is stainless steel and not blue carbon steel.

RELH

Hey RELH!

I know what the 6 Signifies!:D

Bobcat, when there are changes to each model it is represented by the number after the dash. If there is no dash and just a model number it is the first version such as a model 29, compared to a model 29-1, or 29-2. Some variations are more desirable to collectors due to certain features. If there is no dash it would be referred to as a "29 no dash".

Military nomenclature(designeators)
M1 Abrams
M1-A1 Abrams
M16
M16-A1
M16-A2
M2 (ma-deuce)
M2-A1
M14
M14-A1
MK19
MK19-A1

Did S&W take this from the military or vice-versa?

Not sure about the dash but the Smith & Wesson symbolizes why I will need not worry as I will never buy another of their product with my money after their decades old propaganda stunt most useful idots have long forgotten about. Gotta love the resolve of some of you clowns.

For the weak minded.....On March 17, 2000, Smith & Wesson made an agreement with US President Bill Clinton under which it would implement changes in the design and distribution of its firearms in return for "preferred buying program" to offset the loss of revenue as a result of anticipated boycott.[7] The agreement stated that all authorized dealers and distributors of Smith & Wesson's products had to abide by a ?code of conduct? to eliminate the sale of firearms to prohibited persons, dealers had to agree to not allow children under 18 access, without an adult, to gun shops or sections of stores that contained firearms.[7]

As expected, thousands of retailers and tens of thousands of firearms consumers boycotted Smith & Wesson.[8]

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

So?

People Like homer are SCREWED?

Can't Drive a Chevy!

Can't Own a Smith!

JUDAS!

What 1911 is saying is old news. I was in the same frame of mind as him about boycotting Smith & Wesson and I was a S&W stocking dealer at the time. It destroyed the company and infact it was sold to the employees who emphatically decried the old policy. So it's a moot point. S&W is good to go.

If you hold anything against S&W than you must boycott Ruger as well. Sturm was the first company to sell us down the river by agreeing to a high cap magazine ban.

What you can own Bobcat, if you have big enough bowling balls to pull this off, is soooo MANY concubines of the night. This is what you need to do: Take a paid vacation to Madras, OR. (The home of a wife beater and a raging alcoholic who evolved from a monkey and just happens to love a certain type of alcoholic beverage.) Once you reach your destination you must take names and kick ass ... or vice versa. If you decide to accept this mission, all you have to do is bring back 72 empty bottles of some DUDES preferred beverage to the Tabernacle in SLC. At that point you will be given the pleasures that few men attain during their pathetic life. I only know of one other man with big enough testicles, his name is Bill Clinton. Good luck in your endeavor.

Oh, and when you reach the lofty but cloudy level of heaven, please no high altitude tune ups on preachers and teachers.

>What you can own Bobcat, if
>you have big enough bowling
>balls to pull this off,
>is soooo MANY
>concubines of the night. This
>is what you need to
>do: Take a paid
>vacation to Madras, OR. (The
>home of a wife beater
>and a raging alcoholic who
>evolved from a monkey and
>just happens to love a
>certain type of alcoholic beverage.)
>Once you reach your destination
>you must take names and
>kick ass ... or
>vice versa.
>If you decide
>to accept this mission, all
>you have to do is
>bring back 72 empty bottles
>of some DUDES preferred beverage
>to the Tabernacle in SLC.
> At that point
>you will be given the
>pleasures that few men attain
>during their pathetic life. I
>only know of one
>other man with big enough
>testicles, his name is Bill
>Clinton. Good luck in your
>endeavor.
>
>Oh, and when you reach the
>lofty but cloudy level of
>heaven, please no high altitude
>tune ups on preachers and
>teachers.

LMMFAO YBO!

That RUGER Comment Posted above is gonna Hurt 1911 & somebody Ain't gonna be getting a Warning!:D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom