small town

C

creamofthecrop

anyone here live in a small town and have to drive over an hour a day each way for work? just wandering if you ever get sick off it and consider relocating? i really would like to move to a small area, but just wonder if id ever get to sick of it

I used to live in tooele, and commuted in here to the avenues. about 50 minute drive each way. I loved it, at least i thought i did. 3 years ago i moved into SLC, and live 10 minutes away from the hospital............i dont know how i did it. I miss the smaller town feel of tooele but couldn't start the long drives again.

I used to live in a small town and drive 35-minutes each way and it never bothered me in the slightest. It was, however in very light traffic on good open highway so that made it easier to just relax and drive. With today's gas prices, I don't know that I could afford it again.

Mark

thats what i am worried about to is the gas. right now i have a work truck and they pay for gas so its nice. i live in riverton and drive to francis lately for framing. havent got sick of it yet but the guys i work with hate it. anyway i want to move to francis but my company says they are gonna quit bidding jobs that far away. and i am sure theyd take the work truck if i moved that far.

All that extra money isn't GAS money....it's TAG money, how would you rather spend it?

My 2cents, deal with riverton, and spend the money on toys, or a date with deserteagles500's gal while he's gone(j/k)

I live in the hills above Fresno,CA and have an hour drive each way to and from work.I have a 06'superduty and have put 70,000 on it since I bought it new.The drive doesnt really bother me except if I work real late and am tired. Other than that I wouldnt trade it for living in town.....no way.

horsepoop.gif

lol tag i wouldnt take her out because one of my buddies that went on a mission found out his lady was getting married while he was gone well he came home and beat up her fiance, and i wouldnt wanna problem with the eagle, plus i just got engaged to a wonderful woman, lets me do whatever i want, go hunting for weeks at a time, and being a bikini model dont hurt. wanna see pics? jk maybe when we do our announcements, sorry youll have to wait atleast a year to see, and bye the way tag arent you supposed to be working?

Been doing it for 15 years.
Well worth it in my opinion.
I commute through the mountains and though it costs me in brakes, tires & gas I get to look at wildlife and get caught up to speed with the radio.
Wouldn't trade living in the country for anything.
HH

Driving sucks.....I'm lucky if I'm within an hour of the house. 500-600 bucks a month for gas. 75-85 miles a day each way is normal for me. I'm a operator so I have to go where the work is.....good money but if I could do it again I think I might try that school thing!

If huntin is a sport.....Well your lookin at an athlete!

I am working....

I've already seen your fiance in a bikini....

and check your PM's.

just kidding on the middle one

some one's looking for a big ol' fight!! TAGEATER!!!!!! hahaha

my girl is off limits! but i trust you, you can keep her company!

i live only 2 minutes away from my work. building houses is great! town is growing but traffic isn't too bad and its better than the city!

the only eagle with enough power and speed to kill and gut you with one shot

You know DE500, i'm just razzin ya, I got all the women problems i can stand, wouldn't want to add any more to it.

It's easy to live in a small town like here in BFE, when you get paid to mouth off on the computer all day :)

i'm alomst done with women tageater. nothin but an endless pit of money spendin' and drama junk. i'll marry my self a deer.

the only eagle with enough power and speed to kill and gut you with one shot

I lived in a little mining town/community of Round Mountain NV, bused to high school some 56 miles away to Tonopah.It was an hour and half ride and I played sports so I wouldn't get home till after 7PM. I am also from a small community so it was hard , I think I had a great youth as everybody knew everyone and it seemed to be real safe. I do drive 45 miles a day to work now though and with the price of gas it sure stinks....

When I got out of college, I took an Ag teaching position in the small town of Monument, OR (1 hour North west of John Day, and 120 people). My wife and I decided that it would be best to live closer to John Day, so we moved into a place in Mt. Vernon. For four years, I made the 55 minute drive to Monument each morning and then back each night. The drive was long, but I actually enjoyed it. It gave me a chance to get over the events of the day before I got home each night. Also, the drive I was making through Dayville and Kimberly allowed me to see more deer and elk everyday than I had seen in my life up to that point. I remember one night seeing over 1100 head of elk on the drive home. The 55 miuntes turned into about 2.5 hours as I stopped to count them all on the way. However, we moved, and I can't imagine doing it now, especially with the price of fuel. I would probably be living in a camp trailer parked at the school if I still worked there. That's my $.02.
"success Is Reason Enough!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom