SLC rush hour

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
I will be leaving from American Fork next Monday for the Book Cliffs. When do I need to leave to avoid all the rush hour ? Going up 80 to head down there.

Hey DM!

You Staying The Night In Roosevelt?

I Owe You A Lunch/Dinner!
No, I have to get down and set up my Tent Camp and try to get a few hours in the field. I might meet on the way out though. Is there anything open though on Sunday if I left early and stay in Roosevelt Sunday eve?? I have been mulling over that so I can head home earlier that week.
If I got home by Wednesday I can work some overtime that weekend. I will send you a DM.
Hey DM!

You Staying The Night In Roosevelt?

I Owe You A Lunch/Dinner!

Not sure why you'd head North to I-80 from A.F. Cruise up Provo canyon to Hwy 40 then out to the Books.
Agreed, I-80 is a retarded way to get there. When I worked out by Bonanza I'd go through Spanish Fork Canyon and turn up Indian Canyon to Duchesne but I was coming up from the South. From American Fork go up Provo canyon and turn right at Heber, that's the simplest and shortest way from A.F.;

Agreed, I-80 is a retarded way to get there. When I worked out by Bonanza I'd go through Spanish Fork Canyon and turn up Indian Canyon to Duchesne but I was coming up from the South. From American Fork go up Provo canyon and turn right at Heber, that's the simplest and shortest way from A.F.;
^^^ This
Go down Spanish fork canyon. turn left on Emma Park Road. then turn left on Indian canyon and follow to Duchesne.

The Emma Park Road Can Be Iffy This Time of Year!

They Don't wanna Plow it/Maintain it anymore & It Basically Closes Itself Sometimes!

^^^ This
Go down Spanish fork canyon. turn left on Emma Park Road. then turn left on Indian canyon and follow to Duchesne.

I’m not sure why you would take Emma park to get to the book cliffs unless you’re the nine mile side…

My delirious, usually drunk ex wife always use to go through Evanston and Manila and down diamond mt to pick up the kids in Roosevelt for the ole court ordered visitations…. But she was from Pleasant Grove and not A.F so that might be why… Best of luck and safe travels

My delirious, usually drunk ex wife always use to go through Evanston and Manila and down diamond mt to pick up the kids in Roosevelt for the ole court ordered visitations…. But she was from Pleasant Grove and not A.F so that might be why… Best of luck and safe travels
That's funny bit I would have reviewd the map. I hate driving so I always make notes or use GPS or have a map in the passenger seat.

That's funny bit I would have reviewd the map. I hate driving so I always make notes or use GPS or have a map in the passenger seat.
All seriousness go up Provo Cyn to Heber, then 40 eastbound, dodge all the texting tanker trucks over strawberry then stop at Betos in Duchesne for the Carne Asade Burrito, stretch the legs and throw a curve ball to the stomach lining and then proceed to the route farther east to the Books. And stop off at Ute petroleum if you have the hankering for some Rez fuel.

All seriousness go up Provo Cyn to Heber, then 40 eastbound, dodge all the texting tanker trucks over strawberry then stop at Betos in Duchesne for the Carne Asade Burrito, stretch the legs and throw a curve ball to the stomach lining and then proceed to the route farther east to the Books. And stop off at Ute petroleum if you have the hankering for some Rez fuel.
Where is the Ute Petroleum ? I love Carne Asada ! Might just do that. Thanks Bro !

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom