Skoal or Copenhagen

Copenhagen it makes me feel so good.
Copenhagen the way I know it should.
I put a little chew in my mouth,
go spittin' and a-slobberin'
all around the house, that
Copenhagen, it makes me feel so good....

CAREFUL BOYS....MY COUSIN LOST MOST OF HIS JAW,GUMS, AND SEVERAL TEETH TO THAT STUFF IN THE ROUND CAN. YOU DONT NEED IT...YD.

Ditto..Worst thing you could be doing for yourself. Put some gum in there in it's place. Real bad habit and not good for you.

Brian

Well I have to admit Copenhagen is my vice. That and beer. That beer and hunting. That, beer, hunting and reloading. That, beer, hunting, reloading, awe hell I've got a few vices!

Neither......If I'd have only known how much easier and fun climbing in the mountains was, I'd have quit a lot sooner!

I quit dipping about three years ago after 30 years of it. I had a benign tumour removed from where the inside of my upper lip met the inside of the nose. The same spot that was my favorite chew spot. It was tough to quit but well worth the effort.

Beanman

they are both good any one have any good ideas on quitting? been chewing since 13 and now 24 havent went one day with out it

My brother quit about 2 years ago and he says in order to go cold turkey you really, really, really have to want to quit. He quit cold turkey, gave me a half roll of Skoal and I've never seen him chew since. I know they say it's not good for you but they say eating junk food isn't good either and I see commercials on tv and people lined up 10 deep to get to a Big Mac and fries. Im not overweight an ounce but I sure love snuff.

Started chewing when I was 8 years old,30 yrs of chewing quit cold turkey, man it was rough scared to start again don't think I could quit again.

MOST GUYS DONT QUIT TILL THEY HIT ROCK BOTTOM, THEN ITS TOO LATE...THE DAMAGE IS DONE...ITS SURGERY TIME. IF YOU START THINKING OF ALL THE THINGS IN LIFE YOU'LL MISS--YOU MIGHT STOP. MY COUSIN WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO HAVE HIS LIFE BACK, HE RETIRED BECAUSE OF HIS DISFIGUREMENT/ JAW MISSING. THINK OF IT THIS WAY...... ARE YOU STRONGER THAN THE DRUG/ OR IS THE DRUG STRONGER THAN YOU.....BESIDES YOU WILL SAVE ENUFF $$$ FOR YOUR NEXT DEER TAG....... (my cousin wont visit on christmas because he it too selfconsious about his disfigurement)..sad...YD.

I dipped Skoal for about three decades and smoked 14 years before that and just found a nice tumor in the back of my throat when seeing the doc for another issue. Still don't know if it's dirt nap time at 58 until they do a biopsy. I did quit when the doc found that little present. No fear or regrets here but don't think it can't happen to you. Internet talk and tough is cheap. Wait until you are getting poked by the reaper and see if your nuts have dropped yet.

Copenhagen here. The only time I use it is when I am hunting, fishing or drinking beer. I can go for weeks and months with narry a desire to dip. But put a gun or fishing pole in my hands and I got have some Cope. Oh and as far as the beer goes, I do not get the desire for a dip until after my 6th or 7th beer.

?Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.?
---Theodore Roosevelt,

I used to be a Skoal Brother....and smoked Marlboro's but have been tobacco free for 8 years now. I quit cold turkey all of it....problem is I sure liked using it.yep,I'm an addict.You never get over it. Chew a lot of gum when I get excited and eat a lot of junkfood candy.NOW I GOT TO WATCH MY FRIGGIN WEIGHT!!

gleninaz,

Sorry to hear that. I wish more people would quit. It's one habit I was lucky enough to avoid but nearly all my friends dip. I had a cousin die a few years ago from throat cancer. Tough way to go.

This coming Feb.1st 2008 it will be 42 years since I quit after a Navy Dr. told me to get rid of them as I was having a bad coughing spell. Two months later in a Bar in Saigon, my friend lite up one and offered me one, took one and after the first drag, stuffed it out and have never had one since. Can't even be around someone who smokes in a close area, the smoke bothers me.

Brian

I got one thing to say, "Rehab is for quitters"" and nobody likes a quitter. lol.

when i see my buddy spit all nasty black green crap, the ladies want him more and more:)

the only eagle with enough power and speed to kill and gut you with one shot

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom