Ski hills closed to hunting?!

H

HyoWyo

I have a buddy that was scouting areas for next year to hunt. He recently was in a big military transfer.
He said he went up to Snowbasin in Utah and saw nothing but no hunting signs and no horses allowed??!!
How can that be? Isnt it Forest Service land? I can see no hunting near the lodges and other things, thats obvious, but no horses on the trails either?
How can they do that? Do the resorts make their own rules now and the Forest Service just buckle?

Its like they have locked off thousands of acres of public land from outdoorsmen. How are they able to get away with this in the Cache NF??!!

I used to be a mechanic at snow basin. It is mostly private land mixed in with forest service land. Before it was a year round resort, you could usually get away with hunting up there. Now........i would look elsewhere unless you want trouble. Being a year round resort, there are hikers and tree huggers crawling all over there and the resort will throw the book at you if you want to chance it and get caught.

Thanks for the info. He sent me some pictures and my jaw dropped. Yuppies and tree huggers sounds about right.
Looks like they destroyed a nice area for all to enjoy. Seems they also have an issue with horses up their too even though he said there were horse apples in the parking lot and on the trails where it said no horses.
Im sorry, but what a bunch of azholes.

It's also a watershed area for the SLC valley. They don't let horses or dogs in the area

Traditional >>>------->

I belief that the majority of the area is own by Earl Holdings estate, and is private. I also am thinking that much of the property there was leased to a CWMU, so its not so much the tree huggers, as Earl had no problem allowing hunting on his property

2422capture.jpg

Yelum

YBU

7019yelumlogosig2.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom