Sitka Ascent Pants

littlebighorn

Long Time Member
I am going on a 10 day Dall sheep hunt in 60 days. (I know, you don't have to feel sorry for me) LOL
I need feedback on the Sitka Ascent pants. Are they worth the money? Also, I am looking for a pair in a large (Mountain Mimicry pattern). Anyone know where I can find some?
Lots of Optifade patterns, but I would even look at a used pair in good shape.

I have had a pair of two years...Very comfortable, but not very durable. If it was me I would look at acteryx lightweight pants..

Troutcrk
"Livin the Dream"

Cabelas Microtex in the outfitter camo pattern. I have used the same pair on 3 different alaska sheep hunts in 4 years for a total of 28 days in the field in Alaska alone and that doesn't count the days hunting here in Colorado. They wear like iron, are really comfortable and dry really fast. You need a good rainpant over them and I had the packable Marmot precip gear and it works fine and also dries fast. You could buy 3-4 pairs of Microtex for the price of one Sitka pants and they will last you 3 times as long which means they are about 15% of the price of Sitka gear if you figure original price and durability.

In my opinion, you can buy clothing that is just as good or better for cheaper prices like stated above. fatrooster.

I think the Sitka Ascent pants are the best piece of hunting clothing to come around in years. I love mine and have found them to be very durable. Sitka also has a great warranty so if you are not happy, send em back. I really like the microtex fabric but the cut is way too baggy and has a lot of excess material in the garments. Also, you don't want to wear them anywhere where there are stickers. The pant legs will pick up every sticker in the field.

I picked up a pair of XL pants at Christmas time, but now I need a Large. I have lost some significant weight for my sheep hunt. Anyone know of someone that wants to swap? Or anyone know where I can find a Large in the old Mountain Mimicry pattern?

I love my Ascent pants. Well worth the $$$. I gave all my Cabelas Micrtex away. I also have a pair ot the 90% pants when the temps drop. Best camo gear I have used. Go to Grouse River. com they have plenty of the old stuff. When you call them tell them you are from the states and negociate on the price they came down %30 for me.

Thanks Tracker!
I will call them tomorrow.
It surprises me that you could negotiate down on the price, since the exchange is higher in Canada, and I thought they hated people from the states? Eay?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-10 AT 10:14PM (MST)[p]I have to agree they're not very durable. I had the seat stitching tear out in less than 30 days of wear. I guess they're meant to move in, don't sit down and glass like I do, same pair developed a hole in the seat. That cost me to get fixed, no warranty. But I do like the fit and will wear them until they're worn out, but won't buy anymore. I do think microtex is a lot better fabric but they are to baggy. If cabelas fixed that issue thats what I'd wear.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom