Simple Wyoming analysis...........

Dean Parisian

One of my friends and a fine enthusiast of chasing big muley bucks around the country sent me an email today and weighed in on his hunt down to Wyoming. He is a great guy and an experienced outfitter in Montana. http://www.channeloutfitters.com/

His comments are exactly what another pal of mine in Nevada sent to me regarding his archery elk hunt in Colorado this month. Is this a sickening trend that will forever change things as we used to know them?

Here is what my buddy wrote, short and sweet.

"Just back from Wyoming, and I want to shoot all ATV owners. Public land is ruined. I will only hunt private from now on."

They bring those wheelers in just before hunting season. The intent is to discourage greenies and other non rezzies from infiltrating the place. I'll pass it along to the proper authorities that it's working...

Get off the road and hike. There is so much country in Wyoming without a road. Go for a backpack trip, for a week, as far as you can go, and you'll only see a few other people.

Most 'real' hunters would agree Chipp,
ATV's are the worst thing that's ever happened to mule deer hunting in the west. The lazy slobs have built roads into the sanctuaries the deer need to survive. All because they are too lazy to get in shape and work for their rewards.

Well all I can say is if you don't like it there is nobody saying you have to hunt here.. So stay home!! And please define
"REAL" hunters?? Do you use horses? or are you a closet atv'er?

Now I am not saying that the atv needs to be riden right to where you killed the animal but it can get you from one point to another for a lot cheaper than your truck can and yes they should stay on the trails and roads established for them.
This is called a resposible hunter "real or fake" hunter either way!! I believe that a motorized piece of equipment took you all the way or part of the way your still a hunter.. This ATV thing goes on every year and in every state. but the threats of shooting one is as assnine and childish as threating to shoot someone that is hunting or camped in your spot that you have hunted or camped in your whole life! So Iguess it's time for the boy's around here to start driving their B.M.W's ( b!tch moan & whine)

let's get them out so we can just get over it and go hunting!

1- I didn't get a deer cuz the dwr screwed it up
2- I didn't get a deer cuz the atv's screwed it up
3- I didn't get a deer cuz there's to many roads
4- I didn't get a deer cuz there's to many none residents

Go ahead add to the list so it will all get out!!

Please quit crying about atv's, haven't we been through this enough? Ok fine, atv's suck, they are bad for everything and are now linked to cancer.

wheelers should be allowed only on roads open to other moterized vehicles like cars, trucks, and jeeps, otherwise they should be left in camp. . .

I have lived and hunted all my life im Wyoming. And anybody that has knows that if you are caught, and the key word is caught, off any marked road with any motorized vehicle, you will be fined and fined heavily. I believe an ATV has it's place for hunting, they can be very useful tools depending on where you game is down in comparision to where your camp is. I personnaly don't own an ATV, however, someone who does and uses it "properly", I have no problem with them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom