Simmons or Leupold VX-2

Wiszard

Long Time Member
We've always had good luck with Simmons scopes. Not sure how many of you have used them but they are acceptable glass. I just read the Outdoor Life review of scoped and the Leupold VX-2 got 4 out of 4 stars. Said it was the best value in ages. I won a Weatherby Vanguard in .308 a few months ago and have been wondring which scope to throw on it. I love Leupold but was not thinking of spending $300 for a scope. Should I? I've got the money but should I? Who else looks through Simmons glass?

Steve
Holder of a 2012 LE Utah Deer Tag!!

for you...the simmons would be perfect

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

The Simmons 44mag is a ok scope for right $100. Should hold up to the that 308.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

You should be able to get a killer deal on ebay, especially Cabela gift cards.

If you like Simmons and they are rugged enough to hold up, stay with them, IMO. You use your binoculars and spotter to pick the country apart. Your rifle scope is only a sight for making a shot. You don't spend hours looking through your scope.

I know I'll take heat, but that's my opinion.

Eel

Mr. Wisard you need to pick a better place than here for honest adise. All you get from the dudes hanging around he is bad advise, smarted arsed remarks, and corrections for bad spelling and grammer. So barring any further ado, the VX2 is a great scope. I have had my share of simmons and not 1 can hold a candle stick to my Leupolds. I believe they are work the extra cash.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

LAST EDITED ON May-27-12 AT 11:12PM (MST)[p]Ya....this was somewhat of a rhetoridal question. Just wanted to find out wha tguys were willing to give a serious anwer. I have used Leupold for years and won't compare Simmons to Leupold. I think for an $80 scope, Simmons is the way to go. I plan on a bit better quality than that and from the reviews I read, the Leupold is waaaaaay better than the competition. I'll spend the $300 on the Leupold. I plan on scouring ebay for one I can pick up for $125! Thanks eel!

Steve

Simmons won't hold up to the recoil of a 308 for very long. It may take a dump on you when you really need it to perform.

I have a couple of Simmons scopes on my varmint rifles, but I won't trust any of the "low end" glass on a 30 cal.

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

I've had great luck with Simmons for a few years, then they went to crap. First one that went was on a 17rem. Still have a VX2 on a browning eclipse 300wsm and absolutely love it, but have replaced all the budget scopes on rifles I rarely use with Vortex.

WISZ........GO W/THE LEUPOLD EVERYTIME. I HAVE 3 LEUPOLDS

AND THEY ARE A QUALITY PRODUCT, THE WARRANTY/SERVICE IS SECOND TO NONE........................YD.

JUDAS Wisz!

SIMMONS?

Really?

This ain't the Gun you'll be hunting Vernon Deer with 'next' year is it?

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

Not sure if I'll be huntin Vernon this year, BESS! Something funny's going on. I'll find more out tomorrow when I call Fish and Game. I hope its all a big joke...but I'm just not sure. Got a strange call yesterday evening on my cell phone talking about not getting the Vernon tag. Thought it was a joke but now I'm having second thoughts and maybe should have handled it differently. :(

Steve

JUDAS Wisz!

I posted in the Utah Forum not to Answer Phone calls!

Answering the Phone is how they get you!

We had a local Guy here get his Henry Buck Tag Yanked!

Not Good!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

I'm not answering the phone, they're not getting my Henrys tag or my Escalante sheep tag!!.....not checking email or snailmail either!

No offense, but comparing a Leupold to a Simmons is sort of a slap in the face to Leupold.
That seems a bit like comparing an Kia to a Cadillac.
Sure the Kia will get you there but........

+1 Slamdunk!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Get the Leupold, five years from now you won't remember how much you spent. You will notice the 'little' things like not having to re-zero your scope every year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom