Signs of spring

BeanMan

Long Time Member
One of the best things about spring in Western Colorado: Wild Asparagus. The Purple Passion is from my garden and might give some men a case of envy

Add some morels on top of an elk steak and MMMMmmm good, a meal fit for a king.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Nice looking stinky pee there Beanman, I had a batch just the other day, with lemon juice and olive oil, baked and then sprinkled with Parmesan. Grandma always called it stinky pee. Your right I have "Purple Envy"

We fired up the pig roaster/smoker and did a pile of pork ribs to have with the asparagus too1.

Wild Asparagus? Serious? I'd love to get in on some of that! Does it just grow in the right habitat or did it have to be introduced at one time and then comes volunteer? Maybe/surely i don't know what to look for.

Asparagus and Best Foods mayo is the bomb! To each their own but IMO, any other way kinda wrecks it.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>Wild Asparagus? Serious? I'd love to
>get in on some of
>that! Does it just grow
>in the right habitat or
>did it have to be
>introduced at one time and
>then comes volunteer? Maybe/surely i
>don't know what to look
>for.
>
>Asparagus and Best Foods mayo is
>the bomb! To each their
>own but IMO, any other
>way kinda wrecks it.
>
>Joey
>
>
>"It's all about knowing what your
>firearms practical limitations are and
>combining that with your own
>personal limitations!"

It just grows along fencelines and ditches in early spring here in CO. Anywhere where birds sit and poop the seeds out it will grow. Theres no comparison between the store bought stuff and wild, fresh picked. I can just eat it raw its so good.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

I can go out and pick a 5 gallon bucket of it in a 100 yard stretch here in So. Idaho. It grows everywhere here. For me if it gets more than 4 inches tall its just not good. The little white ones are hands down the best. I feel sorry for the drug testing people who have to open up one of them bottles around here in the spring. Definitely "stinky pee".

Probably more like 'feral' asparagus. I grew up hunting it with a passion in the Front Range east of Fort Collins every day after school. I've got about a half mile of fence line that I've been nurturing for the last 25 years over here. It feeds me well.

Aww! Makes me think of Mom. She use to take us kids down around the river and have us harvest the wild asparagus for supper. RIP Mom.

This looks super yummy! Gotta get me some.

"In God We Trust"

...reminds me of the old maid.......squatting in the asparagus patch......

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

The last couple of weeks the local TARDS have been parking their Rigs right in the middle of the Damn Pavement to Poach their Spargus!

Didn't Pan out to well for one Couple!

Another TARD Flyin down the Hi-Way Ass-Ended their Rig & Totaled Both vehicles!

All over some SPARGUS,GEEZUS!

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

Me, in shorts!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Hey I didn't we had them growing wild here in Utah! Where you go to pick them?

Don't drink and call your Girlfriend at night!!!!!!

"...reminds me of the old maid.......squatting in the asparagus patch......"

I wondered why mine tasted a little fishy...... Terry

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom