Sig or Glock

T

texhunter (Guest)

Need some feedback. What would you rather carry with you wile on duty, a Sig 40cal or a Glock 40cal, I'm about to buy one or the other so I need some help from someone that know a little more about them than I do. Thanks.

Sig without a doubt!!!!!!:D
Eric
075313.gif

Life long "vagitarian"
la.gif

I have a couple friends who carry the Glock 40's on duty. They kill bears and cougars with them when they have to.

GLOCK!!! I have shot both, and to me the trigger on the Glock is a lot better. NOt only that but in my experiences, I have found that the Glock is a LOT more reliable. I have never had a single malfunction with any of my 5 Glock handguns. I had two the time I shot a sig. My brother had a sig that he carried on duty for the longest time. I let him shoot my Glock a few times, and he immediately switched. I carry the Glock on duty and for SWAT. The majority of the Law Enforcement Agencies where I work carry the Glock....it seems to be a popular choice.!!

I forgot to ask.....are these your only two choices, or the two youve narrowed it down to. If you have other choices I would also look at the Springfield XD40 and the H&K USP .40. Both are awesome guns and I would be happy to have either in my holster at work.

these are the main one's that this department recomends and the majority of the other officers carry that's why I was asking. I have friends that have glocks and then some that have sigs and I can't stand to be in the same room with both of them when It comes to this subject.

simple.....shoot a plastic gun or a real one. it is proven (tests at SHOT show) that if you "limp wrist" a glock it will NOT cycle the next round. now many of you may say, okay so don't limp it. easier said than done if you're wounded. overall tests show the sig outperforms the glock. now there are other makers with similar perfromance to the sig, but since you asked about those two in particular, i'll only commnet on them.

ok so forget I said Glock or Sig and lets start this over, what pistol would you recomend for a new officer to carry.

I have handled both,The sig seems to be alot nicer feeling and appears to be of better quality. I didn't like the glock's sights and didn't fit my hand nearly as well as the sig. The Ontario Provincial Police force chose the 40 cal sig over the glock and several others after extensive testing. It is a great gun, can't go wrong with it. If I had the choice, I'd go with the sig.

Any centerfire self-loader can be limp-wristed. Go with the Glock, it's simple and will always go bang. It out performs any other pistol when "torture tested". Just don't shoot lead bullets without an aftermarket "barsto" barrel.

Texhunter;
Both Sig and Glock are excellant firearms. I have experience as a dept. rangemaster, armour, gunsmith and competive shooter. I would give the nod to the glock based on the following. I am aware of the glock going 40,000 rounds without a breakage of a part and numerous other Glocks having 30,000 rounds or more without any part breaking. They have a excellant trigger pull and both brands are noted for good accuracy. I have had to work on several new Sigs that had sharp barrel channel corners and caused feeding faiures, but this is a minor problem easy fixed, and most Sigs did not have this problem. As for "limp wrist" failures, this is a problem with any semi-auto, not just Glock or Sig.
The bottom line, both are good firearms, try to shoot both and go with the one that is most comfortable for you and fits your hand the best. Either brand will do the job you need it to do.
RELH

Glock,
it is the most reliable, sigs are nice but if you want reliablity go Glock.
mac

To all you gunslingers, have you ever heard the expression sig my glock?

Sig. Love my P220 (45 cal). Accurate, never has jammed, not one time. Well balanced and of course all metal.

Remember that you usually get what you pay for........

I prefer the Sig. I have fired both extensively and both are excellent firearms, however the Sig feels better to me and I can produce more accurate results with it. I'd go with whatever feels best to you.

My Glock has been tested up shed hunting. Snow, rain and slamming rocks into from taking falls and other crappy terrain and falls I've taken it through. I have some good nick?s in the Glock but it keeps on ticking.

I have both a Sig P229 and a Glock 22 and a Sigpro, both the Sig's and the Glocks have good attributes but the Sig fits my hand better and has a better magazine release for easy reloading. The Sig P229 constantly produces a tighter pattern when shot from a vice. No doubt both brands will save your "can" if you know how to use them and practice. for the price the Glock is the better choice, but for me the Sig P229 will always be the better shooter and the choice for me. The Sigpro is not as good of gun as the P229 but is still a good shooter

I have used both the Sig and the Glock, but my favorite by far was the CZ 9mm with the police issue 15 shot clip. Being a woman, it is possible the 9mm worked better for me, it is very balanced, and the semi-automatic model seemed to absorb a lot of recoil. I never missed a target, and never had a problem with the weapon or the ammo. Just my 2 cents

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom