Shoot that Sons a B

rutnbuck

Long Time Member
What a bloody day. I holler at my son Shoot that sons a ##### for it kills the dogs. Don't shoot me or the dogs. I was standing in waste deep Cattails and the fight is on. Not sure what it is! A few moments earlier I was having a great old time Hunting pheasants with my Son and our two Short Hairs. Calamity went on point I noticed the cattails quit moving. I proceed in to flush what I think is a bird. All I see is the dog?s tail. I kick around and all hell breaks loose. Out of no where Gunner the male is in the middle of the fight. I still can't see a thing. Both dogs and creature are going at it big time. Lot of snarling growling biting and the yipe of dog. About then the vermin breaks loose only to travel 10' and the fight is back on. I am in the bottom of a canal and the son is up above on the bank. He has a pretty good view. I go back in but it is to think to see I want to pull the dogs out but can't grab them to fast and furious.
I am thinking of a few years back when this happened and the villain was a bobcat. That time I came eyeball to eyeball with the cat but was able to pull the dogs off. Only because they just stood ground this time was different there was a lot of fur flying. A dog lets out a yipe. I am thinking it is
Calamity and she is a mean sons a b. And the fight continues. The culprit breaks loose and the dogs are after it again I can't stop them.
The report of 12 gauge and all is silent. WTF was it I ask not sure if I had dead dog vermin or what on my hands. Big old bore coon Dad and I killed him. My son had managed to get down and the coon came to his feet.
The dogs come out we check for wounds all is well. Those coons can sure rile a guy up. They make enough noise for six dogs. It doesn't end here. We work our way down the canal about 50 yards and wa la the dog goes on point. Kewl we need one more bird. I work in for the flush. Both dogs holding steady what a pic perfect sight. Son is standing ready. I kick and dogs jump in and we have another fight on our hand. Holy Smokes here we go again. This time there are 2 coons Sons a B I am thinking WTF. Not quite as thick this time one coon breaks out with Calamity on his ass and the 12 gauge sounds. I got him Dad. I manage to stick the end of the barrel on the last one. Tally dogs win only 1 miner cut.
3 coon
4 pheasant.
Nothing finer then a day with the son and dog

Rutnbuck

You have the luck!
Quit kill'n my coons!!
Glad yer pooches are ok, glad it wasn't Bobcat... I hear Bess likes the shorthairs.

dang, great story! Glad everyone was ok. That was a pretty intense read.

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Rut .. That ranks right up there with Peter Capsticks "Death In The Long Grass"... HMMMMMMMMM.. "Death In The Cat-tails ..RIMROCK

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-07 AT 08:33PM (MST)[p] I will try and post some pics. This first is my son but not where the attack took place.
472fd1c35b2c7278.jpg

Then this second pic is both dogs you can see Clamitys tail. Gunner is in that pic also. Nice rooster came out. We will name it viddles.

472fd25d5f400c62.jpg

Rutnbuck

Here is the same set only different angle and Gunner. Clamity is about 3feet to his right. This is not where the coons were. Turtles are no match for Gunner and company!!! Hel1 I was there.

472fd3c367f655ba.jpg

Rutnbuck

HEY Rut!!!

YOU GUYS HUNT BIRDS WITH SHEPHERDS???

OR COONS WITH SHEPHERDS???

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Ya know Bess I don't hunt coons or birds with Shepherds, Now you are not talking sheep hearder type Shepherds are ya? No I don't hunt with them either. Why?
Rutnbuck

JUST RAZZIN YOU Rutty!!!

THE DOG IN THE PICTURE WITH ITS EAR FLIPPED UP LOOKS MORE LIKE A SHEPHERD!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Rut I had almost the same thing happen to me 10 years ago. It ended the same way when my buddy dropped a load # 6's into El Bandito from 5 yards away.

After that I went out and bought a shock collar. Running into coons and skunks happens, but what got me mad was when my Lab refused to break on command. After working the dog on the shock collar for a season, she learned quickly to break off and heal.

Shorthairs are awesome bird dogs, glad to see they weren't hurt.

Fortwall I know what ya mean. I tried a collar on Gunner. Tried to use it on the comeback command. Yeah he came back and well, bite me. Now when I say the word shock he bears his teeth and the hair on the back of his neck stands straight up. I don't think ya want to be in the same room.
Hey Bess. I told Clamity what ya said about her. If ya cross paths with her run Bess run. See Bessy run!!

Rutnbuck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom