Shoot or Don't Shoot?

Dr_Hunter

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-11 AT 11:57AM (MST)[p]
Here is some more "Off Season fun." This is another video that I have of a cool looking goat that we found. We called him "G-funk." Goat with the funky horn. Unfortunately this was all of the video I was able to get of him. Through the spotter his one side was very impressive. Watch him as he turns and shows his other side.
Unfortunately, his left side is just a stubdown.

Would you shoot this guy?? What would he score?

Turn up the quality on the Youtube site to at least 720p HD to see it better.

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

Cool video...I've only seen three non-typical antelope in the last 20 years...two with the typical horn jutting out sideways, though the same basic size (one in Montana, one in Utah) and one 4-horned antelope in Montana...regular 14 inch horns upright and two small 5-6 inch horns curving over the nose. Unfortunately, no pictures.

i have seen a few no typicals in south idaho too. saw a big three horn 3 years in a row. couldn't draw a tag those years . got a tag the next year couldn't find him.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-11 AT 12:02PM (MST)[p]The video isn't clear enough to really judge him, but a lot of people think those freaks make a great trophy. I saw one like that over 3 different seasons in Wyoming and he was always in the same square mile section. His left side stuck out like this one, but I believe it was a lot longer. I'll try to find the disk I have with pictures of him and post one or two on this thread if I can find it. I went back through a bunch of photo disks and can't find it. It may be on a DVD I made. However, here is a freak that a friend shot a couple years ago and another of one that was sort of freakish with the right beam going out wide that his buddy shot a day or two apart in the same area.

9365pa240268.jpg

9933pa100372.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom