SHIPPING AMMO QUESTION?

B

B_BOP_A_LU_LU

Just wondering what Hassles there are shipping Ammo in the Lower 48 States?

USPS?

UPS?

FED-EX?

Rules?

Regs?

I don't have an FFL!

KALI is probably a problem as well as a few other States?

Post em up & Thanks!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Gonna Gather up all my Ancient Core-Lokts & sell them to you RANS for a NOMINAL FEE OK!:D

Don't need an FFL to ship or receive ammo. If they know that's what you're shipping they will put a hazzard fee on top of the shipping. It can get expensive if you go that route. I have shipped it before to tournaments and not declared what it is. Standard shipping rates apply.

It's always an adventure!!!

Is that Legal AWB?

To just ship it without anybody knowing what it is?

I never shipped any but I've darn sure received a lot of it. The only indicator that I've seen on the outside of the box
is "1.4" and "small arms ammunition"

If I'm shipping alot I will tell them but if I'm sending a box or 2 I don't say anything. And I'm not sure if it's legal or not BBop. I plan on using the "I didn't know card" when I stand in front of the judge.:)

It's always an adventure!!!

Lol Bull!

I don't wanna get in a JAM!

I find enough JAMS without even trying!:D

LAST EDITED ON Sep-10-11 AT 12:03PM (MST)[p]B-BOP....UPS usually puts an "ordinance m" sticker or something like that on the box an adds an extra fee. Not sure if its illegal or not to not declare, might just be one of their regs (No special rules for CA...Law got thrown outta court on its azz). Regardless...pay a couple bucks extra shipping or worry about a german sheppard sniffing out your package and homeland defense looking you up......on the other hand, watching them chase the belcher down hwy40 on the news would be pretty entertaining :)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Declaring the HAZMAT Small Ordanance label adds a significant fee to the standard UPS/FEDEX fee (something like $25.00). The shipping companies want to know about these items do to issues in transit if there were to be a problem with a particular truck or load, ie,. a collision and fire. Take a look at the shipping fees for ammo from Cabela's/Bass Pro/MIDWAY etc., and see if they are adding a fee for shipping loaded ammunition.

You also can not ship loaded ammo via U.S. Postal Service. You going to have to use UPS or FedX.

RELH

I have shipped ammo via UPS (ground only) several times and there is no additional charges but you do have to declare that it is ammo. UPS has gotten very expensive as they add fuel surcharges and anything else they can think of.

Rehl is correct regarding USPS, I would not try it as the regs clearly state you cannot ship loaded ammo through the U.S. Postal Service.

You can also ship guns and you do not need a FFL, however the person on the receiving end must have a FFL and you have to put a copy of the receiving persons FFL in the box with the gun.

Cat, I used to work for UPS and I ship ammo regularly. Just label the box ORM-D and that's all you have to do. You can ask 10 different UPS counter clerks and get 11 different answers. Write ORM-D on the box or print ORMD stickers off the web.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ORM-D Click on this link to read more.

Coming to you from the Vernal Library. (just killing a couple hours).

Thanks Guys!

Looks like AWLB's way is the least Hassle!:D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom