Sheldon Antelope!

jims

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jun-13-08 AT 10:05PM (MST)[p]I have always wondered about guys that apply for a unit and really have no idea what to expect...and now I am one of them!

I have always heard fairly good reviews about Sheldon antelope so thought I would apply for that unit or nothing this year and just got an email saying that I drew a Sheldon antelope tag! If there are any antelope finatics out there that would be willing to share some info about the Sheldon...I am all ears! I have hunted Wyoming antelope for years and always get a kick out of each hunt. It will be exciting hunting them in the state of Nevada this coming fall! Does anyone know how the herd, moisture, etc has been in that unit? If anyone would like to email directly I can be reached at: [email protected]

I hunted the unit next to the Sheldon last year, neat country.When i scouted it,a couple of ranchers told me that antelope move out of the Massacre area into the Sheldon the first week of Sept.
Good luck

I got one, too!? Hopefully, the freezer will be antelope-rich this fall.? I also drew a Utah antelope tag (Parker Mtn), and my boy and I will likely draw a Wyoming tag!? As, above, any information would be greatly appreciated....maybe I should start an Antelope Odyssey Diary thread when August rolls around.? Great fun.

Good luck to the 3 of you. I'll be huntin just south of you. My first and only choice too.

Naildriver, wondering what unit you hunted.

i was up there hunting deer 4 years ago. saw alot of goats, not alot of trophy class. some of the better ones i saw were off by them selves in more rugged terrian then you will find the bigger groups. always seems that way that the bigger ones will go off by themselves sometimes. you wont have any problem finding antelope. i spent most of my time on the road from big springs res. to susanville. i would have to go back and look at the maps to give you very many mtn. names or springs. if you still want some more info then pm me and i will look at my maps and get back to you. it will be a fun hunt no doubt, good luck.

hey ovis2-don't get trigger-happy up on the Parker, and don't be afraid to get into the timber (cedars/juniper/pines). It'll be worth the patience unless things have changed since 01.

DougW;

I appreciate the advice, although I'm getting conflicting information from people about the quality of antelope down there. If you've got any additional spots I can circle on my map, I'd love to hear it. I'd appreciate it if you could either PM me or shoot me an email at [email protected]. Thanks.

How is the water situation and horn growth looking like on the Sheldon this year? I would be curious if the antelope are concentrated or spread all over the unit. [email protected]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom