sheep mounts?

A

alwaysruttin

Does anyone have a taxidermist that they recommend in the northern California area for desert bighorn?
Thanks
Bob

Don't confine yourself to local or regional taxidermist. For a sheep mount, you might well seek out the best. Dewayne Dewey out of Cody, Wyoming has the best looking mounts that I have ever seen and I am a taxidermist. He won the world championship last year with a full-body bighorn. The money you spend on shipping will be quickly forgot about with a great mount. His turnaround and prices are very competitive.

Roger

LAST EDITED ON Nov-20-07 AT 01:24PM (MST)[p]
I don't use anyone here in Cali.
I pay the shipping or make a deal to pick it up at a show.
I use several guys that are superb.
However, I wouldn't hesitate to use Richard Guthrie of Clovis Ca.
He created this fine piece...

RG.jpg

RG2.jpg

Roger is right.

I pay the shipping or make a deal to pick it up at a show.
I use several guys that are superb.

Dewayne Dewey is very very good, however the ram he won with was not a bighorn, but this Argali...

s21.jpg

s22.jpg

ar-1.jpg

I use Phil Soucy of Libby Mt.
His predators are nearly unmatched and his other game is also superb,
He took second at the world show behind Dewayne with this beautiful stone sheep.

s7bn3.jpg

Here are a couple more rams that Phil mounted.

ram3.jpg

ram4.jpg

I took photos of this ram at the world championships last year and was very impressed with the quality of work, I just cannot remember the taxi's name.
A rather foreign name from northern Montana if I recall.

s9is1.jpg

s8sz9.jpg

bh1.jpg

I know of several other excellent taxi's if you are interested.
Hope I can help.
HH

Wow,

Thank you all so much for the info. It sounds like I have some options. I never thought about delivering it to a show. I must first get one on the ground then I will be able to take the next step. Great photos. It will make it hard till I am able to go

Thanks again
Bob

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom