shed hunting tricks

completesportsman

Long Time Member
Any of you shed hunters ever play tricks on you buddies by planting sheds?

I was thinking if I could get away with packing a large antler on a turkey hunting trip with my friend I would plant it somewhere for him to find, hopefully in one of his favorite deer hunting spots and see how much time he would waste trying to find the other side (thats not there), or the deer (thats not there) next deer season.

Yup, sorta. Years ago I was stationed at NAS Corpus Christi for 3 years. And I always managed to make it home to Colorado for elk season each year. There were always sheds to be found, so, I gathered up a bunch of elk sheds, as well as two sets of feet, and took them back to Texas with me. I did this for three years. Then, right before I left to go to another base, I got myself on the schedule for a few routine SAR training flights.

We regularly flew over a somewhat famous ranch in south texas. They held a lot of pig hunts and whitetail deer hunts.

I have often wondered what people thought when they found those elk sheds and elk feet.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Ha ha ha now that's funny feddoc, I can just see them scratching their heads?WTH, how in the world these get here?? Ha ha ha LOL

GBA

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom