SFW Meeting

grizzmoose

Very Active Member
I, like many others have many questions we would like to pose to SFW. Mr. Peay has stated that he would be willing to hold a meeting to discuss SFW and answer any questions we have. I for one am interested in the organization and have no intentions of some kind of hostile attack on him or the organization.

Mr. Peay, if you are serious about setting something up, I will take responsibility for finding a place to meet. Depending on how many people commit to coming, I may be able to swing something with my employer to use a conference room. It will hold maybe 50 people. I work in Salt Lake City near the airport. If they are not cool with that, I can check into other locations.

For those of you that are interested in coming to learn more or pose your questions to Mr. Peay, please respond to see how many people will actually come.

I hope you work for Energy Solutions, because I am sure you could fill the arena half full with people wanting to attend this meeting.

My hunch is that most people on here just want to complain and wont make any effort to actually do anything. I hope Im wrong.

if you get 500 people to say they will come, that 50 person room will be about right

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I will definitely be there. Let's get it scheduled.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

I'd attend. Dons easy to get ahold of so that shouldn't be a problem.

Problem is even if there was an agreement between our concerns and sfw's your still going to have people whining. Thatll never change period! To many people don't care enough to try and get something done, they want others to do it for them. Kudos to you grizz...

I want a list of all attending..then if one of you draws an expo tag next year we can question your character..

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-10 AT 05:09AM (MST)[p]Grizz Moose

thanks for taking the lead to set it up.

I have scheduled my Calander for March 25.

6:30 till we get all the questions answered - if that means until two in the morning.

my email is [email protected]

i will need a projector and a screen that i can plug my laptop into and give the powerpoint taht will answer a lot of the questions.

I hope 10,000 sportsmen show up, taht would be AWESOME to get a chance to share with sportsmen what really happens, how it happens, what they can do to help us fix what they want, what we want: more quality experiences in the great outdoors for now and future generatsions. And, we know quality means a lot of diffrent things to different people.

AND GET YOUR INPUT on how to do things better or differently.

keep me posted and thank again for taking the time.

and please it is just Don

don

I hope 10k dont show up. I dont think I can find a place for that many people. Ill check around and see what I can come up with. Ill be in touch. In the meantime, I think we need more people to commit to coming. Lets make this worth the time.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-10 AT 11:31AM (MST)[p]I'll be there with a bus load of hunters that are disgusted with "Just Don's" proposals. Your gonna need a big room.
Wes

Ive sent a message to Don discussing details of the location. I have approval from one location, but seating is limited and we may have to meet certain sign-in and security procedures to use the facility. After Don and I work this out, Ill post more details.

Im still looking for more interest though, as Im sure Don is as well. For those of you who have not posted your interest, please continue to do so.

-Travis

I'd love to be there but the 25th is my 10th anniversary. I'm curious is Don going to give a financial accounting of SFW at this meeting or just tell of SFW's accomplishments. I think there should be an agenda laid out ahead of time of what this meeting is trying to accomplish or it's going to be one big cluster....

If there is going to limited seating , this meeting could be a waste of time. I believe there are more then 50 people that have concerns with SFW. Why not try to have it in Springville where they hold the RAC meetings? I'm sure "Just Don" could swing it if he wanted.
Wes

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-10 AT 12:30PM (MST)[p]I will be interested in attending. Good to know a date has been set.
I may be able to arrange with my employer to provide a venue in SLC where about 150 can attend. Grizz, send me a PM if you need more info.

Bill

This is the first time I have posted on this sight. I have been a long time viewer and am very passionate about many of the topics posted. This one inparticular has caught my attention and I would love to attend a meeting like this. I appreciate the willingness of Grizz to step up and provide a meeting location. Looking forward to this discussion in person with Don.

Don mailed me today and said he may be able to get us into the DWR conference room that holds up to 200 people. Im assuming he is referring to the Springville office.

Llama, why dont you shoot me a PM about your venue. Id really like to hold this in Salt Lake City somewhere simply because it is more central than Springville.

I totally agree with the agenda idea. I think it is only fair that Don be allowed to discuss his organization and give the usual sales pitch, but there are some other issues that we want to know about. Ill take responsibility for putting the agenda together. If you guys want to send me an email with your issues you want discussed, Ill put them all together and publish the agenda on here before the meeting.

I actually disagree, I think springville would be much more central, I know of several guys who would be willing to drive from the southern part of the state... Plus if it holds 250 people, that would be nice... I would make the trip to springville, but SLC is another good hour, which might not sit well with a lot of the souterners
----------------------------------------
Hoyt Katera XL
Spot Hogg Seven Deadly Pin
Fuse Acculaunch
Fuse Satori
G5 Matreo Strings
"I don't miss, I just don't hit him on purpose"

Im just looking at it from Utah's population distribution. There are far more people in the SLC area than down south. I think we ought to have it in the place that works best for the most amount of people.

there is no way he's talking about the springville location to fit 250 people unless we all intend to sit on each others laps in the fish hachery runs.

it's gotta be SLC.

Count me in.

Well see if you can find a place that will fit that many people... Thats gonna be the biggest thing
----------------------------------------
Hoyt Katera XL
Spot Hogg Seven Deadly Pin
Fuse Acculaunch
Fuse Satori
G5 Matreo Strings
"I don't miss, I just don't hit him on purpose"

Let me make this easy on all of you. And i hope hundreds will come - both nights.

How about March 24 in SLC And March 25 in Provo/Springville.

Grizz/moose can you make both places work ?

as i said, it might be possible to have the DNR building for use in SLC.

Start both nights at 7:00 pm.

I look forward to talking wiht LOTS of sportsmen.

don

How about a larger split for the two meetings. Maybe a Cedar, Beaver, Richfied spot? That would help the Southern Utah Sportsmen more than Springville.

Id love to help out with Southern Utah, but Im pretty limited with contacts and resources down that direction.

Id recommend that you talk with Don about a southern meeting and find a volunteer down there to organize a meeting place. If no one will step up to do that, maybe the best thing to do would be to email me the questions or concerns you want addressed and Ill put them on the agenda for the meeting up here. Ill do my best to document the responses and post them here after the meeting. My wife is a transcriptionist, so maybe I can record the meeting and see if she would be willing to transcribe it.

Don/grizzmoose, March 24th is when the Northern RAC is being held. Seems to be a major conflict right there.

There have been about 20 people or so commit to coming to this meeting with Don. No one has mentioned a conflict with RAC meetings yet. We have a commitment for a building in SLC for that night, so I think we ought to continue with what we have.

Let's see, what is the MAJOR issue being discussed at the March RAC's? Answer: The new elk proposal that will be the directive for elk management in Utah for the next FIVE years. SFW is one of the driving forces behind the proposal being offered up, I wonder why they would want to reduce the number of folks attending the RAC's?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom