SFW meeting TOMORROW

I will definitely be there. I would hope that everyone-regardless of whether you are for, against or neutral as to SFW-will attend the meeting. Don was kind enough to agree to a meeting and we should show up listen to his position and ask appropriate questions. If you have concerns regarding conservation permits, convention permits, the expo, financial transparency, the elk management plan, hunting on Antelope Island, or the general future of hunting in Utah, then you owe it to yourself to show up and participate.

The details for the meeting are as follows:

Date: Thursday March 25th, 2010
Time: 7:00pm
Place: 383 Colorow Drive, Salt Lake City, UT

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

I would use mapquest or google maps. I do know that the building is located on the U of U campus. Grizzmoose can likely provide better directions.

Hawkeye

Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-10 AT 12:58PM (MST)[p]You need to use the zip code of 84108 with the address in mapquest and it will bring up the map for you. Without the zip it will not give you the correct map.

The building is NPS pharmaceutical.

Thanks,

TSX

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-10 AT 02:00PM (MST)[p]The building is located in the Research Park, at the University of Utah. The nearest neighbor is Red Butte gardens.

While some mapping programs may still list the building as NPS Pharmaceuticals, the building is now owned by the University of Utah. You will see a sign at the entrance stating University of Utah, and there are no references on the building to NPS. If your mapping program still shows the building as NPS, you are coming to the correct building, just don't expect to see that name on the building. If anyone need further clarifications or directions, please let me know.

In very general terms, from I-15 you want to take 4th South to the east, up past Rice Eccles stadium, past the VA medical center, and turn left at the stoplight at Wakara Way. Continue NE on Wakara Way past the University Marriot Hotel, until you reach the entrance to Red Butte Gardens. Turn right (South) on Colorow drive, and it is the first driveway to the east (uphill). Please park in the upper, back parking lot. Hope to see you there.

EDIT - I pulled up the map on mapquest at Jim's request. The Red Star for the address is shown about 1 block away from the correct position for the building (don't ask me why). The actual building is much closer to Wakara way, very near the intersection with Tabby Lane. If you happen to drive up Tabby Lane, you can see the building straight in front of you. Other mapping programs show the buliding in the correct location. Colorow drive is only about 2 blocks long, so you really shouldn't have any problems finding it.

A few friends were going to video tape it and post it here for all of you to see. They called up Don and asked for permission and Don said No!!!

Lame! what would be wrong with video taping this?

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

I think it is going to be FUNNY when everyone thinks there will be 100s of people there.....

My guess is that about 30 will show and it will be a FLOP!

30 people??

try 2 or 3

waste of time and gas. Video it and see what people think!!
they all have tons of time to see it on youtube!
4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-10 AT 10:26PM (MST)[p]Those directions are great! Little did I know I have been parking there on and off for the last month. I am managing a job right next door.
I will do my best to show up. If anybody has issues they wish to bring to the table post em up. If I am able to attend and am given the chance to stand up I surely will.
I would like to see where the money goes and what they are actually doing for the "Average Joe". I read a Karl Malone post not too long ago where Don called himself the average joe "what a joke".
I am not a member of SFW will I still be allowed in?

EDIT- It will be just to the south of a big construction site south of Red Butte.

Someone please take good notes and post them up here. I think Don is a joke for not allowing it to be taped.

WOW, Don seems to think that it is important enough to be there in person. Yet the "average joes" cant find the time to make it there in person? Then ##### that it will not be taped for their convenience. I believe that attitude is part of the big picture problem all the way around! Sportsman ask to meet with Don and he says sure I will do it, lets set up the time and place. Well for what ever reason it does not fit some sportsmens schedules and now Don is the one being unreasonable. I can't believe Don would even take the time in the first place fully know that his haters will not be turned anyway! How dare Don not do exactly as you all wish, he must be a terrible person!

You all ought to pile into one car and spill out all at once in parking lot, just like in the Big Top.

I am looking forward to the meeting too. See you tonight.

Hawkeye

Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

>WOW, Don seems to think that
>it is important enough to
>be there in person.
>Yet the "average joes" cant
>find the time to make
>it there in person?
>Then ##### that it will
>not be taped for their
>convenience. I believe that
>attitude is part of the
>big picture problem all the
>way around! Sportsman ask
>to meet with Don and
>he says sure I will
>do it, lets set up
>the time and place.
>Well for what ever reason
>it does not fit some
>sportsmens schedules and now Don
>is the one being unreasonable.
> I can't believe Don
>would even take the time
>in the first place fully
>know that his haters will
>not be turned anyway!
>How dare Don not do
>exactly as you all wish,
>he must be a terrible
>person!
>
> You all ought to pile
>into one car and spill
>out all at once in
>parking lot, just like in
>the Big Top.

+1

I am on the fence on the SFW issues, but it seems to me if you wanna have a voice and a chance to share your concerns then you oughta show up, but to sit and complain that it won't be taped for your convenience so you can complain about everything after the fact is silly.

If this is that important then you make the time. I know some will not be able to attend for very good reasons but others just want to keep pointing fingers and complaining about things.

I am starting to see why some guys have chosen to not participate in this forum.

Yea those darn out of staters better jump on a plane to make it on time. Heaven forbid they watch it via cams, lazy bastages!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-10 AT 01:02PM (MST)[p]OSOK

it is much easier for Don to show up to a meeting especially since he gets paid by SFW huge $$$coin to do so. Then it is for the rest of the Utard hunters to take a day vacation day or a unpaid day off. If you haven't noticed the economy sucks and work is hard to come by. If you have it you better work.

So I say your comment is BS just like it is BS it isn't going to be taped..

In this meeting you wont have a say just like you don't have a say in the rac's. the public opinion doesn't matter.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

"This is plane BS there is nothing wrong with video taping it so all can see at their leisure"

If they did, many of you would cry that it wasn't in "HD"

>OSOK
>
>it is much easier for Don
>to show up to a
>meeting especially since he gets
>paid by SFW huge $$$coin
>to do so. Then it
>is for the rest of
>the Utard hunters to take
>a day vacation day or
>a unpaid day off. If
>you haven't noticed the economy
>sucks and work is hard
>to come by. If you
>have it you better work.
>
>
>So I say your comment is
>BS just like it is
>BS it isn't going to
>be taped..

SWBUCKMASTER

I do see your point and I agree that it may be hard for some to make it and for that reason and that reason alone I think it should be taped. I would rather it had been a web-cast or something though. Much more effective than being taped. I tend to forget that this applies to others outside of the wasatch front. My comment was more directly aimed at those that are local and do want to voice their concerns.

Having said that, this isn't how many of the comments come off on this site. It appears that most people just like to complain and do not want to really do anything about it.

>In this meeting you wont have
>a say just like you
>don't have a say in
>the rac's. the public opinion
>doesn't matter.

I sure hope this isn't true but maybe I am still too naive. I guess I will find out tonight. I am coming into this with little to no real information other than my own experiences and what I have read on this forum so I am going to get it for myself firsthand and make my own decision.

I am sure this will be taped by someone and I am also sure all of the details will be posted for everyone to see.

I would think that if people are so skeptical about certain issues they would want to be there so they can ask direct questions and hold Don accountable for his comments.

Why didn't they want to do the Web-Cast again???

With technology these days it seems this would have been very doable. Wouldn't cost much to make it happen either. This way everyone would have had a chance to voice their concerns in real time.

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-10
>AT 01:02?PM (MST)

>
>OSOK
>
>it is much easier for Don
>to show up to a
>meeting especially since he gets
>paid by SFW huge $$$coin
>to do so. Then it
>is for the rest of
>the Utard hunters to take
>a day vacation day or
>a unpaid day off. If
>you haven't noticed the economy
>sucks and work is hard
>to come by. If you
>have it you better work.
>
>
>So I say your comment is
>BS just like it is
>BS it isn't going to
>be taped..
>
>
>In this meeting you wont have
>a say just like you
>don't have a say in
>the rac's. the public opinion
>doesn't matter.
>
>
>
4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

>Nets are for fish!!

The meeting is at 7pm. Do you really need to take a whole day off for that? Are you currently in a position to confirm that Don is on an hourly pay rate and will be paid for this meeting? Are you also in a position to confirm that he makes "huge coin"? If so, can you please state where your knowledge comes from?

Also, can you please tell me what role you played in the planning and organizing of this meeting that gives you the right to state that no one will be able to have a say in the meeting?

Thank you,

-Travis

You know, even if there are only three people at this meeting, it will not be a "flop" as one of you has stated. It will be a forum for Don to answer some of the concerns that we have had. Those of us that are going will give a full report. I hope to see all of you that pitched in on the "expo rigged" and all the SFW threads, but I know most won't show. To me it's about Utah's wildlife and the future of our big game. If we're doing good now, how can we make it great? How can we improve the current system? SFW is a big part of the wildlife system in Utah, so it will productive to have this kind of a meeting.

This is not an attack or a trial, but it will be (hopefully) an open dialog between Don and those of us who are concerned with the accountability of public funds. Don has been good enough to give us the chance to ask questions, now we'll give him the chance to answer.

>The meeting is at 7pm.
>Do you really need to
>take a whole day off
>for that?

yes I do

>Are you
>currently in a position to
>confirm that Don is on
>an hourly pay rate and
>will be paid for this
>meeting?

he is on salary

Are you also in
>a position to confirm that
>he makes "huge coin"?

dont know what he makes but it is over 100k so to me that is huge coin
>
>Also, can you please tell me
>what role you played in
>the planning and organizing of
>this meeting that gives you
>the right to state that
>no one will be able
>to have a say in
>the meeting?
>

I read on this forum he was going to give his side for about an hour and then give the last 15 min for public input. good luck getting any questions answered in that type of format.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

blah, blah, blah...will donuts be served?...I can eat a lot of donuts in an hour and my chewing will drown out a lot of the mindless blathering...then I can make it home to watch The Office and NCAA Tournament...

http://www.bowhuntersofutah.net

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-10 AT 03:09PM (MST)[p]No doubt the mindless blathering on this site won't have much effect on anyone's TV schedule...

Don will be allowed to stay and answer questions as long as there is interest in asking questions. I suspect the Q+A period may be 1-2 hours, but that depends on the attendees. I will keep the meeting room open as long as necessary.

Bill

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom