Septic Tank/Property

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
I am looking at the cost of doing a septic tank on my Wyoming property.

A reasonable cost vs size of tank ect... type help/thoughts.

Have any of you gone thru this experience and if so.... I will take any advice you may have.

Thanks in adavance.

Robb

we just framed a cabin and for the guy to install everything pipe gravel septic tank for 75 feet was ?4,500

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-08 AT 10:43AM (MST)[p]if you can operate a backhoe, do it yourself, if this system is legal in Cali, it should be anywhere, the material are about a third of having some one do it for you...

479387d75702d263.jpg

oh if i can do 'em anybody can, take a week end...

also the guy said they would have problems in 20 years with all the septic tanks they were putting in on 1/2 acre lots up above oakley utah. he said they were too close and too many and one day all the cabins will be slid down the hill

pretty easy to do. Get a diagram from the county so you get all the distances correct or they may have the info on line. That way they don't come snooping around.

Piece of cake.. Ive put in 4 or 5 of them down in Arkansas..

Tanks are about $500
usualy field lines are 100ft long< 5 20ft sections of pipe=$50
2 yards of Gravel= $75 delivered ( if you can find a pit close bye)
Back hoe rental=??? I always had to dig them by hand, takes about 3 days.tank hole needs to be about 8-10ft deep buy 6ft, field line has to be at least 5ft deep ( got to get below the freeze line and have about 2ft of gravel in it)

Id say you could do it yourself for $1000.. and I have a strong back that I could get to do it to pay off his rent he owes me...LOL

You definately need to check with the county or city as far as what they want. They may require a redwood "bed" that your tank sits on to prevent it from sinking. They may want 2 feet of rock or they may only require 6 inches above and below the leach line. They may want you to put a liner seperating the rock from your back fill. All the other posts are right...very easy to do....if you do it right the first time!

Steve

Thanks fella's.

'muzz' can handle a backhoe like no one else!

This ground is so far out...there are no C/C &R's....but of course I will go the correct way..don't want any hassles after the work is done.

Robb

>Question...
>
>You can not build on top
>of a septic tank area
>but can ya have a
>corral?
>
>Robb

Crap on top of crap, I see no problem with that, whats it gonna do leak down and get into the crap? :D

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-08 AT 01:05PM (MST)[p]Hey nochawk,
I put these in for a living in Ut, I'd like to know where your getting all your materials from?????????They charge $85 per hour for a dump truck here,I'd love to get gravel for $75 delivered. The infiltrator system is easier then you don't need to worry about gravel. They are approx $16 bucks a piece for a 4' section. The legnth of your drainfeild will depend on your perc rate and how many bedrooms your home has. , and for a 1000 gallon tank (which is good for a maximum of 3 bedrooms) is about $750. Poly or concrete is pretty close in price. And also there are many regulations you have to know before you just go putting one in. Alot of areas won't let you install your leach lines deeper than 2'. It all depends on soil, perc rate etc...
They can be pretty easy to install I agree, but you do have to know something about it ;-)

Read my post again... I said ARKANSAS

I bought 6 trailers and 3 houses from a bank foreclosure sale, hauled them out to my place with the help of my cousin who had a 18 wheeler tractor.
Set them up on 5 acre lots with 2 of that being the home and yard, made roads in (have a uncle with a D9 cat) had paid to have a well dug at each site, dug the waterlines, dug the septic tank and field lines according to the closest city codes (Texarkana) 2ft 2 1/2in gravel,at least 100ft long, put 80lb tar paper cover with 3 ft of soil on top of the line at least 300ft from the water well, had to buy my own power poles and meter loops and set them ( have a tractor with a auger attachment, mostly used for digging fence posts)and had the power company run the wires( of course I had to buy all the power poles from the main road into the home sites)about 1 1/2 miles.
its 17 miles out of city limits, so the state, county, or city can not have any say until they pave the road, and or grade it at least...and you will love this... GET RID OF THE PARTY PHONE LINE's..they is not even cable TV out they yet.

My mother collects the rent and we split it after expenses.
The other 610 acres are raising me some whitetail deer and turkeys...

Rob call me if ya like.
I might shed some light on a shi!ty subject. See most people don't know Shi!. But I do. Where is your cabin at??

Rutnbuck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom