Senator Jeffrey A. Merkley

manny53

Long Time Member
Dear Emanuel,

Thank you for contacting me to share your concerns about the delisting of the gray wolf from the federal endangered species list. It is an honor to serve as your Senator, and I appreciate hearing from you.

Like you, I believe we must restore wildlife populations in areas where they have been seriously endangered. I am a strong advocate for wildlife conservation, and the Endangered Species Act has proven to be an effective tool for protecting and restoring important wildlife populations, including the gray wolf. The wolf population has rebounded to the extent it has because of the success of the Act. The Act's success raises the question of when to remove a species from the endangered species list. Such questions are particularly important for a species like the wolf, which can have significant impacts on livestock owners.

I have made note of your concerns and will continue to monitor this issue closely. Again, I appreciate your input. I hope you will continue to send your observations and thoughts my way.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey A. Merkley
United States Senator

LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-11 AT 10:19PM (MST)[p]He is a joke not sure he is smart enough to tie his own shoe. I have written him a number of times and always get the canned response from his staff.Da well we want to keep every one happy and I really know nothing about it did you say your from Oregon I will have my staff look into it we didn't even know wolves were in Oregon da well what do you know.

Not a quote grin!!

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

Back
Top Bottom