Semi Guided Hunt

M

MandoMax

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-12 AT 07:22PM (MST)[p]A buddy of mine received $4000 for his birthday from his wife to go on a hunt. He wants me to come along with him. I'm trying to help him find a combo elk and mule deer hunt but it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'm looking at Colorado for it's reputation for mule deer and abundance of elk. Can someone out there help me spend his money on a decent rifle hunt? Or archery?

Check out the outfitter reviews on bowsite.com I know Winterhawk is one some guys use for drop camps

I think your buddy should use that money for a LO deer tag. He could actually get a good unit and season for that price. Try to find a deer hunt that has an OTC elk hunt going on at the same time. You can help him hunt for a smoker buck, and then if you bump into some elk, you have a tag yourself and can take advantage of it.

oakbrush

If you and your buddy are trophy hunting in my experience doing a combo hunt is not a good idea. If you are just trying to kill any buck and bull without regards to score, then a combo hunt may work.

Oakbrush's suggestion is a good one if a big buck is your first priority. I notice there is a sponsor Rocky Mountain Ranches that advertises on this site. Don't know anything about them but it looked like they had some trespass combo hunts on private ranches that might work within your budget if a combo hunt is really what you are looking for.

Good luck!

Horniac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom