Selling preference points??

O

Oldhoneyhole

LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-09 AT 10:24AM (MST)[p]Can anyone tell me if it is legal to "sell" preference points? I have 13 preference points for ELK and will likely not be going on the hunt I had been saving them for.

I could party up with someone and they could have half of my points, but I'm not sure if it would be legal to accept money for that. Any thoughts?

13 points is a lot. Unless you're on your death bed I would hold on to them. Only costs $8/year for a preference point.

You can also check with ODFW about "donating" a hunt to one of the special needs/cancer kids programs. I thought I read where you could donate your "hunt". ODFW will know or check the hunting section on Ifish.net, someone there will know.

"selling" was probably not the right word to use.

What I mean is: can I accept money from someone for allowing them to partner with me for the application. That would essentially give them 7 points assuming they are starting with zero.

Why could'nt you? I have thought about it. Take this scenario for example:

Lets say hunter A has 10 preference points for antelope. He knows where a GIANT buck lives and wants him bad. It takes 12 points to get the hunt though. He meets hunter B who has 14 points for antelope. Hunter A offers hunter B X amount of money to apply together and buy the points he needs. They then apply as a party, both draw and hunter A then pays hunter B the money. They then go their seperate ways with their tags. Everyone wins and nobody has to know about it.

sold, but you have to let me follow you to your secret spot and have the first shot. ;-)

Well I dont really have any secret spots but I did ok this year. With your points we could draw this tag with no problem :)

IMG_0250.jpg

>"selling" was probably not the right
>word to use.
>
>What I mean is: can I
>accept money from someone for
>allowing them to partner with
>me for the application. That
>would essentially give them 7
>points assuming they are starting
>with zero.

I think .5 is rounded down, not up. 13 total for 2 people would be 6.

>>"selling" was probably not the right
>>word to use.
>>
>>What I mean is: can I
>>accept money from someone for
>>allowing them to partner with
>>me for the application. That
>>would essentially give them 7
>>points assuming they are starting
>>with zero.
>
>
>I think .5 is rounded down,
>not up. 13 total
>for 2 people would be
>6.

your correct. must be ".51" to round up

If you're a nonres that makes it near impossible to draw the top 3 units unless you average 9 or so points. Wenaha will take 13 or 14 non res points. If you want to have a great experience hook up with youth hunter and "share" your points. There are a few elk hunts you could draw where both of you might have a decent chance. It also depends on rifle or archery. Either way, don't let them "go to waste." Build your karma points and think about a hunt that will put a smile on your face more than cash in your pocket....just my .02

HK

My thoughts??? $4.00 or $8.00 a point??? What about the $54.00 license every year?? And thats goin up???

I drew a NR 13 PP unit in Colorado in 08. The LO tag for that hunt costs $6,500.00. I figured my points were worth $500.00 each.

Personally, my 11 deer and 11 antelope points will result in good tags soon. Figure my 9 elk points will either be split with my wife's 2 or my son's 6 some day soon. May hunt the Snake Unit archery soon with the plan that when we obtain enough points, the 3 of us hunt that unit rifle. Not gonna take them in there blind though.

Is it legal?? Not sure. But in my opinion, it's ethical. You paid for em, they are yours, do what you want with em.

Legal- not sure?? But I wouldn't blame you, because I don't think there is a tag in OR worth waiting that long for. Might as well get a Christmas bonus!

Back
Top Bottom