Self stopping table saw

Boy, that would have saved my good friend around 30 surgeries and all the other stuff. He ran his hand through a saw and cut it hand about a inch behind his knuckles from his pinky all the way to his thumb.

We have one in our shop where I work. We all gathered around and watched as a guy stuck a hotdog into the blade. IT FREAKIN WORKED! Our company had to buy a $70 aluminum stop and a new blade. It really tore the blade up. Pretty cool.

"My sickle has a boattail"
"hidden soles leave .308 holes"

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-10 AT 06:50AM (MST)[p]I have been a hobby woodworker for years, and as a result I have also been the recipient of quite a few stitches from three encounters with a whirling table saw blade. Although I cut one to the bone, I've fortunately never lost any fingers.

In reality, that gadget would bea money saver at $70 a pop compared to what a trip to the emergency room now costs. And of course, that says nothing about a guy keeping all his fingers intact.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

My brother is a hi school woodshop teacher. His school bought the saw about a week after it hit the market.

Pretty cool...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

That is one brave dude

Chairs thrown and tables toppled,
Hands armed with broken bottles,
Standing no chance to win but
We're not runnin
We're not runnin

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom