Selective Skeeters??

sageadvice

Long Time Member
My Sis just went home yesterday after spending a week looking after her big brother, me. We always seem to have a good time while she or she and her husband come for visits. One thing though bothers her to no end, seems the skeeters have a field day on her every visit yet they don't seem to bother me. Once bitten, her bites swell up, itch like crazy, and stay for days. She said she has over 100 on her. Me, 5 minutes after getting bit, i can't or don't notice ever being bit. What's up with that?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

They do seem to prefer some people over others. And some people defiently react more to the bites than others. Skeeters never used to bother me but now if there is one around he is coming for me.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-13 AT 11:23AM (MST)[p]Skeeters love estrogen..... Mike I don't know what to tell you....You haven't had one of those reassignment surgeries recently have you?...... Terry

Terry, you're killin' me lol

I think a person kind of builds up an immunity to the effects of mosquito bites. For me, the first few bites of the season cause more of a reaction. The more I get, the less they bother me.

Eel

Sage

Your blood is poison to them is all it is.

2311idiot.jpg

lol, thanks guys! yeah, maybe a person does build up a tolerance to the bites, sounds plausible.

The buggers do seem to like to bite me. I can go out and water in the evening and they are pesty but nothing comes of the bites.

Sis's bites looked like the pox or something, staying dark and itching for days.

I gave her a whole bottle of deet too. It was a couple years old but one would think that it would still work.

Also to consider, not often but there have been a few cases of Lymes around here too. Nasty bug nobody wants X10!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

The Skeeters looked over at sage!

Then the Skeeters looked over at Sister sage!

Then they decided they'd take their chances with Sister sage!

They didn't wanna Drink the Poison Venom or Feel the Schoolin sage would offer!:D

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

Are you 100% sure that her bites are all from Mosquitos?

Biting midges are vicious little pricks. Some people call them no see um's, gnats, 5-0's, flying teeth, among other things.

Deet does not repel biting midges.

Bounce dryer sheets and skin so soft are the only products that I've seen work to repel these little blood sucking bastages.

We just got back from a week long trip to the Florida Key's and my wife got eaten alive. While a few of her bites did come from mosquito's, 90% were from biting midges.

Next time your sister comes to visit you, have her bring a spray bottle of skin so soft to try.

Gambler, Yeah, Skeeters. They were very brazen about their attacks on both of us but her reactions were immediate and much worse.

Part of the problem is that she smokes but would only smoke outside so she'd take her breaks and the skeeters would hammer her. Usually a pretty sharp gal, she really needed to take better caution for herself. She could see them biting her, she could then feel the itching and see the dark red bumps, yet she did the same thing evening after evening without wearing the protection that probably would have prevented her agony.

She went home Tues and i got this from her in a note sent to me last night, "Mosquito bites are healing...it will take about a month for them to go away and hopefully no scares...but I think the itching part is mostly over."

Scares? Yikes!!

Thanks for the tip on Skin so Soft!! I heard of it before but not had the need...until now maybe.

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom