Seeing any Wasatch Moose?

F

fishnut07

Haveing a hard time finding a shooter Moose on the Wasatch. Just curious if anyone as seen any good Bulls while hunting?.....

I've seen a couple of bulls while scouting for elk. I don't know what's a shooter shiras, though. I've never tried to judge a moose. I'd be happy to tell you where. Both seemed like decent bulls to me.

Be patient they'll start commin out of the woodwork shortly. With all the presure in the wood's the last couple week's they like security. Buy the time your hunt start's you'll have plenty spotted. ps current creek drainige is a good place to look early and late along the road.

I wish it was as easy for me as everyone seems to make moose hunting. The biggest problem with most moose is they don't get scared and move. They will sit in a hole and let a guy walk by within 50 yards.

I did see a great bull last week. 3 on one front, 5 on the other, looked like he was a 10x13, about 42" wide. Wasatch bull a guy could wack with a rifle or lesser equipment. Also saw a stud 48"+ bull, only had a single front on one side, in a bow only area. They are out there, keep turning over the stones.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom