Sedona Arizona ?

BIGJOHNT

Long Time Member
Making a trip to Sedona for spring break. I have gone down in the past. My wife drags me to all of the jewelry / art places in the area. I need to find a few hunting / outdoors places to visit . Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I have seen a few places over the last few years on the outdoor channel and thought I need to go there. Cant remember those places now. I think the Outdoorsman is in north Phoenix. But that maybe to far to get away.

I think that Sedona is about 2 hrs from Phoenix.

How are you getting there? If you take "Snebly Hill Rd" from I-17...tis about 2-3 exits south of Flagstaff, that will take you straight into the east side of Sedona. Tis a dirt road. The only time that I was on it, I drove it in a car. but, I don't remember what type. In the NF, it is a fairly decent road. In the middle, it is so-so.

It is a real neat scenic road.
John 14:6

J&G sales
FROM PHOENIX

I-17 North
US HWY. 69 to Prescott goes into
Gurley Street (Go through town square, half a mile after town square, you get to)
Grove Street, Turn right (turns into Miller Valley Road)
Address is 440 Miller Valley Road (about 3/4 miles on left, before the post office.).

LAST EDITED ON Apr-04-14 AT 08:51AM (MST)[p]We will be coming down threw Flagstaff . We will be spending some time up Oak creek. My wife's grandma lives there. We thought we may look for some elk. Maybe do a little shed hunting ?
I guess we can go threw Kanab and see Muley Crazy's new art work on there wall.

There are several gun and bow places in Flag.
G&F office right off Lake Mary Rd. Elk and deer just south of it.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-07-14 AT 12:30PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-07-14 AT 12:25?PM (MST)

J&G is about an hour from Sedona. I don't remember the highway numbers.

But, to get there, from Sedona, 1st you go to Cottonwood, then Jerome, cross over the top of the mountain proceed to US 89, turn left and head for AZ 69 and start plugging the other directions in.

J&G advertises in Shotgun News, and others. I'm not sure what sort of showroom that they have.
John 14:6

I was down in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. I went down through Vegas, but came back up through Flagstaff, across the Kaibab and up through Kanab after. I was itching to get out and do some shed hunting around flagstaff because it just felt like it would be a good place, but I had to hurry home.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom