Second Season Beaver Goat Tag

M

mulemanrack

The "Little Dove"(my wife) drew her 2nd season Beaver Goat tag this year. Any advise and places to look from those of you who have been down there on this hunt, would greatly be appreciated.

congrats to your wife on the tag! a billy goat tag is at the top of my list especially beaver mtn. if ya dont mind me askin how many points and is she a resident or non? when is the second season? i spend most of the summer and archery deer hunting beaver mtn every year and i always spend lots of time watching the billys. the biggest factor is going to be waiting on the snow drifts to melt so ya can get to within walking distance to the area. good luck and post lots of pics!

Thanks for the response hezzy. My wife had 14 points and is a resident. The second season starts on Sept 26th(a Monday). I was wondering if the general season muzzleloader deer which starts on the 28th will cause us any problems? You said you spend lots of time watching the billys during the archery hunt....are they in the same places come the first of Oct?

I would guess that the muzzleloaders woudnt get in the way. seems everytime i find the billys they are way at the top. and by that time of the year the deer arent cruisin around above tree line so much. and as for the billys being in the same spot in october as they are in aug/sept i'm not certain but i'd guess that so long as other billy goat hunters havent pressured them they'll stay up there. are you gonna be hunting off from horses or hiking it? some areas will take a lot of hiking but in others she may shoot him of the side of the road! never know. when i start scouting for my archery deer i'll keep a lookout and take some pictures for ya.

Congratulations to "little dove"! She is a trooper to truck those mountains with you. Hopefully she will be able to tag one of those shaggy billy goats to go with all those sheep on your wall! You will have to make a special place for a full body mount...or add on a trophy room!
If you need a spotter and I am available I am up to helping out. After all, I think you spent 8 days helping us!
Go gettem girl!

Mr Rack,
I don't know enough to give advice but I will say CONGRATULATIONS! I know you well enough to know you won't struggle too much. You have the gift of death! (and you hunt hard)
Best to you and the little Mrs.
Zeke

LAST EDITED ON May-23-11 AT 08:45PM (MST)[p]Thats a great tag to have, you will see plenty of goats. Most hunters only hunt a day or two before the tag out.

Congrats to you and your wife on her late season Beaver Goat tag! After the first hunt most of the goats will push off the tops of Mt. Holley, The Pocket and Head of Bullion onto the rough faces of the Head of Cottonwood, South Fork and Bullion. Good luck. There are lots of goats and you will do well.

Thanks shadowhunter for those drainage's. Greatly appreciated. Also thanks to Zeke and Rick for those words of encouragement.(I Think)

Rack

It's one of the best goat units in UT (from what I've heard since I know NOTHING about it). Anyway, I KNOW you'll do well. I know how hard you hunt. You could carry your wife in if you have to! haha

I can't wait to see the goat pics. I know you'll have the photos to show when your hunts over.

My goal is to get a tag for my little woman next year. She should have enough points to pull a UT goat tag in a couple units.

Zeke

Zeke....thanks for your confidence! If I can put her on a billy as nice looking as the one you shot two years ago, I'll be real happy. Good luck to you and your daughter on her elk hunt and sheep hunt.....gonna be a fun year!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom