Second Choice

Based on previous years draw stats posted on the F&G website it is not possible as a second choice unless a couple hundred or more people that put in for it as a first choice in the past quit applying.

LAST EDITED ON May-23-11 AT 07:56PM (MST)[p]The Special Draw Second Choice for K in 2008 was close to 100%, 2009 it was 100%, but last year in 2010 it went way down to about 50% when there were a lot more people that made K their second choice. I will make an educated guess and say that it will be a little better again this year due to the gas prices causing some people to drop out, but it's really a gamble when you are talking second choice chances. If you want to hunt K next year, the easy way to do it would be to buy a PP this summer. That is allowed if you don't draw your first choice for the 2011 hunt. Then with 1PP in the 2012 draw you would have very close to a 100% chance of drawing the tag in the random regular PP draw and a shoein if you went into the special draw.

Thanks TOPGUN. I hunted K last year with a regular tag, took one point to draw as a first choice. So this year I put K as a second choice in the special draw so i could get a point and tag. Kind of hope I dont draw a tag because I could use the refund(wouldnt complain if I get to go hunting again). Guess we will find out soon enough.

So what did you put for your first choice in that Special Draw and I'll look to see what your draw chances are for it before we even talk about your K tag as a second choice. If you don't want to say out on the thread, PM me and we'll keep it between the two of us. I'm just going to buy a leftover tag for M again this year and buy another PP this summer like I've been doing lately.

I put in for 102-1 as my first choice. I was looking at M as an option for a leftover tag. How have you done in M the past few years?

LAST EDITED ON May-23-11 AT 10:28PM (MST)[p]The odds for 102-1 are astronomical even in the Special Draw, so I see why you're asking about the K tag, LOL! I hunted over in B last year and it was terrible, but I saw a lot of bucks in M while we were elk hunting in September in the same area I usually deer hunt. The year before that I finally drew my antelope tag and devoted most of my time getting a good one and didn't try too hard on deer. I did pass on one decent buck, but to be very honest the region does not hold great bucks like guys are shooting in other parts of the state. That's why I'm buying PPs to try for a big buck in a couple years. I'm happy with M because there is a decent number of deer with average size bucks and the area I hunt is not overrun with hunters the latter half of the season when we go out. This is the best buck I've taken there in 2006.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/7012henry_001.jpg

Nice buck. Thanks for the info, i'll look into M more if i don't draw my second choice. Couple weeks and we will know!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom